Sunday, August 23, 2009

ADDICT CULTURE

There are exactly 9 days until Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins is released. That leaves you 9 days to read the first book in the series: Hunger Games. Remember when I espoused its awesomeness last October? If you haven’t read it consider yourself lucky that you won’t have to wait eight months for the second book like I did. Even though it’s YA fiction, TRUST, it’s fantastic. You’ll thank me later.

Oh, and in case the male audience is wondering… this is nothing like Twilight. I’ve talked to quite a few males who are equally addicted.

I've also mentioned before how awesome Veronica Mars is, but here I go again. What do you do when there is literally nothing on TV and you want to spend little-to-no money? Why, you watch all the Veronica Mars seasons and observe husband get slowly engrossed. He got mad when I mentioned a plot point that had already passed because, “Hey! I didn’t see that one!” Just confess that you actually watch and LIKE Veronica Mars. You can stop standing in the doorway pretending to “leave the room” while you watch all 43 minutes of each episode, your secret is out. Besides it’s not like admitting you watch Top Model with me – OOPS.

If you're lame and can’t commit to the entire show then watch this video of quotes and see if you can stop yourself from buying all 3 seasons immediately (this is probably funny only because I'm familiar with the character... but don't you want to be in on the joke too?)


Confession. Brad and I have been Netflix-ing The OC. It’s a little embarrassing… but hey, if you can’t have a guilty pleasure than I don’t want to be alive.

Lime Chips. Brad and I are averaging a bag a week. I hear there is all sorts of hydrogenated oil and bad crap for you in these... but whatever... they are mighty tasty. Who knew lime PLUS chips could be so right?

1 comment:

David and Jana said...

LOL you're hilarious! I love that Brad watches those with you. He would never choose it, he just gets sucked in, right? That's what mine says...