Wednesday, August 26, 2009

MARRIAGE: THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING


I have two early memories of my Aunt Pete. When I was four years old I legitimately beat her at UNO (her words) and told her to, "try harder next time." I gave pretty solid advice as a kid. Since my family moved all over the planet when I was growing up we didn't get to see our extended family often, but when we visited Aunt Pet she would buy us Lucky Charms and let us takes sips of her Pepsi, so when we visited her one time when she broke her leg a little foot rub was in order. This is the same Aunt who "interviewed" Brad when we were dating to make sure he was allowed to be in our family. Good thing he passed, who knows were we'd be. Seriously, she is probably one of the funniest people I know.

Oh, and AUNT Pete you ask? That's another story. Her real name is Sharon but she'll always absolutely be Pete to me. I think I'm going to give one of my children a perfectly sensible name and then call her Harold just for kicks. My children are going to love me.

So the point of this post is that when Brad and I went to Utah in July we received another wedding present- a quilt. Aunt Pete and Aunt Peggy shared the sewing duties (from seperate states) and then Aunt Pete put it all together and finished it up. I've been trying to use it every possible chance to wear it in and make it look loved. I'm so happy that I have something beautiful, tangible and long lasting from our newlywed days. Oh, and it turns out I really like getting wedding presents... so feel free to keep em coming!

No comments: