Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A VERY 4TH OF JULY


** Swimming:: I love having a backyard pool.
** 104 degrees:: Plano’s high on the 4th.
** BBQ:: Turkey Burgers, sausage, and LOTS of guac.
** Poker:: I won, thankyouverymuch. I beat Brad at the final table with an Ace kicker. It was glorious. I think ME winning at poker will be our 4th of July tradish.
** Baseball:: 92 degrees at 11PM at night. Welcome to Texas! We sweated our buns off, but the Rangers won and the fireworks were pretty darn good too.
** TEXAS:: Have you seen the state flag? No one does AMERICA like Texas.
** Fireworks:: Ballpark in Arlington all fired up.
** Family:: I’m glad Brad and my dad got to know each other a little better.
** Sunburns:: We were in the pool for only an hour and Brad got fried, those Midwestern kids can’t hold their sun.

Brad and I made our way down to Texas to spend the holiday with my pops. A much overdue trip that coincidentally allowed us to also spend a few hours with K. And due to a generous paternal donation to the Bridget Wants to Start Cycling Fund, I bought a bike. It’s awesome and Brad is jealous, of course a post on this subject is coming soon. Happy 4th of July 1 month late!

1 comment:

jenny said...

You ho! I want a bike so bad. UGH. I want to do the RAGBRAI next year!