Friday, August 7, 2009

AND IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS


We’ve had some good times (Jeanine hitting Kayla in the face) and we’ve had some bad times (Russian Folk) but regardless we’ve all done a little more booty shakin’ and unnecessary tear sheddin’ in these past few months. Admit it! So let’s begin a two hour long plug for The Season 5 Dance Tour (did you know they are going on tour?) and Glee (did you know Fox has a new show this fall?). This is gonna be good people.

RANDOM THOUGHTS

…I liked the opening number better the second time around.

…Jeanine definitely got the biggest applause when they introduced the top 4. This bodes well people!

…Did Lil’C have to be on the panel for the finale? Couldn’t they just have “accidentally deleted his cell number?”

…Why didn’t I know that Frasier was in Fame? Now I’m totally see it. Actually I need no incentive. Even if they told me Nickel Back played in the background of every scene I’d be there. I’m one of those people that saw Center Stage 2. Yeah, I just admitted that.

…I’ll be just fine if I never see Oldie biting her finger nail again… I just realized she’s the only person this season that I didn’t learn her name. Huh.

I also realized I never gave the judges nicknames!
Mia (She’s that awesome, she doesn’t need a nickname)
Tyce (Oreo)
Shankman (The Shank)
Nigel (Dirty Old Man or DOM)
Debbie Allen (Oh, Child)
Lil’C (I Wear Glasses or I Say Things)
Mary (Screamy McGee or Bizarro Marie Osmond)

THE JUDGES PICKS FOR BEST OF THE SEASON & VARIOUS OTHER RANDOM DANCING

Philip & Jeanine – Tab/Nap “Mad”
They should get married. She’s hot, he’s sorta goofy. It’s the perfect rom com. This was the best Nappy Tabs of the season, for sure.

Jeanette & Brandon – “Ubertango”
This wasn’t as good as the first time they did it. But still 4 billion times better than most of the tangos.

Asuka & Vitolio – Louie “Dreams Are More Precious”
What? From the whole season? Really? I’ll admit that spin in the beginning is amazing. Otherwise this was just as blah as the first time. I still picture her as the girl crying into Vitolio’s shoulder holding her teddy bear (did I make up the part about the teddy bear?). Next.

Jeanine & Jason – Travis “If It Kills Me” aka Smooch Fest ‘09
Holy Moses! How long did that smooch last? I couldn’t watch!

Kayla & Max – Louie “Jum Bah Day”
This is where the “We love Kayla” train began. Ugggh. But I might have liked Max he stuck around longer; he looks like he’s potentially rife with funny quips.

Top 16 – Dimitri, Tab/Nap “Calle Ocho”
Sexxxy. This was one of the better group numbers this year.

Australia So Can Dance winner “Shot you Down”
The best part about being Australian is the accent, why didn’t they let her speak? Don’t tell anyone but I might watch the Australian So Can Dance during our month long hiatus. Don’t judge! I heard it’s good.

Jason and Ruby – Some Indian Guy “Jai Ho”
I couldn’t have guessed this one from a mile away. One of the most complicated bollywood numbers on the show? Hasn’t there only been two? Whatever. PS - Dude. Jason is such a skank.

So now they are bringing out the top 4 and making there first elimination. Sweet, apparently Evan is doing the butt dance. I’d recognize that oversized shirt anywhere.

KAYLA in 4th place. Knew it. Girl. Perfection. And Star. Lamest comment of the season. I think we’ve done enough damage on the Kayla front, now she’ll be that “Really annoying blonde girl from season 5.”

Evan & Randi – “Koop Island Blues” aka The Butt Dance
I love them, they were the only partnership that I really got attached to, and this dance was in my top 5 of the season for sure.

Paso Doble from frickin last night
What? We just saw this last night. I know it was really good, but come on! Where are the Crash Test Dummies? Where is Addiction? Where is Kupono? Where are Wade’s numbers?

EVAN in 3rd place. Is he going to keep dancing? Heck yeah. I know he wasn't the best dancer, but he really might have been everyone's favorite. Well almost everyone's favorite. Even still I didn't want him to win. He's such a cutie, tear. I hope he's officially brought back Gene Kelly now.

I’m going to say right now that I stand by my prediction from a few weeks ago and predict Jeanine the winner (Brad witnessed me typing this!).

Kupono & Kayla – Mia “Gravity” aka Addiction
That was still so good. Mia has done it two yeas in a row now – definately my favorite dance of the season.

Rage Boys Crew – I was so hoping that Nigel would come out in the middle of the routine and start dancing with them.

Brandon & Janette – Dorianna Disco
I got a call during this number so I totally missed it, who doesn’t know it’s the finale? Mine was off but they called Brad’s phone. Sneaky!

Melissa & Ade – Oreo “This Women’s Work” aka The Cancer Dance
Okay, fine. That dance is one of the best of the season. Do I smell some sort of golden statue next year? Did you see Christina Applegate? Lance Bass? This thing is star studded!

Top 8 Perform
One Singular Sensation with special guest dancers: Your Judges (or Joo-jez)!! This was kind of lame, but I loved seeing Oreo ham it up.

Did Wade trademark his routines? Why didn’t they do the Robber Dance or the Crash Test Dummies? We only saw Bird Face for exactly 3 seconds. Lame. Oh, well. Let’s hand the cash over to Jeanine and start the count down to season 6.

WINNER ANNOUNCING TIME

So who gets the shortest reign as America’s Favorite Dancer? JEANINE.

Woo Hoo! Obviously I agree with this. She’s got the personality, the moves, the looks (Nigel agrees on this aspect too), and she’s just fun. Plus she could cut diamonds with those calf muscles. Who wouldn’t want to be friends with her!?


What she'll remember most from this experience is:

1) Right now. (Great answer)
2) The other dancers (She had to say this)
3) Travis' piece for her and Jason (I'm sure you will!)
4) Cat (who wouldn't?)

Go here for a cute interview of her after the show.

As for Brandon… thanks for dressing up dude. I think it’s funny that you’re the only person who doesn’t get an exit reel. And honestly I wouldn’t have been upset if you’d won. Let’s face it, you are awesome, but Jeanine had it in the bag. Kisses!

Expect a “Best Of” youtube post coming soon. I think next season my posts will be shorter and thus more timely. Nicknames will continue and vicious attacks on lifeless dancers will continue, but instead of a play-by-play I think I’ll just do highlights and lowlights. So until 4 weeks from now when we start this process all over again – this is B signing off on another season of SO CAN DANCE.

Peace out suckas!

1 comment:

Bre said...

love your posts! So where do you go to watch the australia sytycd online?