Wednesday, September 24, 2008

veronica mars is my hero


So recently I have gone through a few phases, most of them involve media entertainment but what can I say… there’s not a whole lot to do in Alton. My latest phase was watching Veronica Mars. Let me just tell you that my best friend Kristin and I mercilessly made fun of this show because the premise of a high school detective sounded too much like an Olsen twins movie gone horribly wrong. Unfortunately, three years later we learned we were the ones that had gone horribly wrong. Not only is this show incredibly awesome, but it’s incredibly awesome. Did I mention it’s incredibly awesome?

The title character, Veronica, is one hip detective chick. I only wish I could have been that ambitious and witty in high school, heck I only wish I could be that ambitious and witty right now. Her father is a private investigator (also ex-sheriff of their town) and she works in his office solving everything from murders to missing person cases. The high school drama portion of the show is far more interesting and realistic then anything else on television right now, and the pop-culture references are hilarious. I don’t even think the average teenager is old enough to pick up on everything.

So if you are looking for a new show to watch, tune in to the WB and catch the latest episode. Oh wait, you can’t. The WB cancelled one of it’s only respectable shows to make room for: The Pussycat Dolls Present. True story. Sometimes I don’t understand life. Anyway, so you’ll have to watch the three seasons of Veronica Mars on DVD. You won’t regret it. Well you might regret staying up until 4 am to finish one more episode. But don’t say I didn’t warn you.

UPDATE: If you are already a veronica mars fan or want to know more go to this clever website that has compiled all things vmars. Check out the pop culture reference page, it's unreal how many references are listed.

Side Note: While I have been watching Veronica Mars, I got Brad sucked in to Lost. I've already seen the first two seasons so Brad keeps coming in to the kitchen to say things like "That Ethan guy is super creepy", and "When is Claire going to have her baby already?". It's great.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Check and mate. You've inspired me to watch them again. Have you watched the "season 4" trailer yet? Heartbreaking. It would have been fabulous. I REALLY hope they do a movie, and if they do, I'm flying to St. Louis to see it with you.

Sidenote: The plus side of loving a hugely underrated show is that the DVDs are always on sale for like $20.

jenny said...

I miss you! I love VM so much.

ashley said...

Hmm...I might have to watch them.

Scott said...

Lost owned us this summer. Brad needs to catch up so you two can see seasons 3 & 4!!