Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's off to work I go...

So I started my first day of work on Monday. I really like the people I work with, and the company seems great. I swore I would never commute more than 20 minutes, and yet here I am working in South County St. Louis, Missouri – a mere 45 minutes from our apartment in Alton. I travel through downtown St. Louis and amazingly I don’t hit any traffic. Everyone seems to be going the opposite way so the drive is a breeze. The journey also feels very touristy. Everyday I pass within 20 feet of:

The arch.

Ram’s stadium.


Cardinal’s stadium.


Anheuser-Busch Brewery.




So if you come visit I know how to get to a couple of places, although I must admit the brewery might not be on the agenda. Contrary to the one major highway that Utah boasts, there are about twenty different major highways in St. Louis alone. I’m actually quite proud of myself for being able to navigate through downtown. Who knew a year ago I’d be working in St. Louis? Times, they are a changin.



1 comment:

Kristin said...

CRAZY. And I didn't even know you had a job yet. Clearly I need to call you.