Wednesday, June 3, 2009

WHEN IT SAYS BOIL A CUP OF SALT, YOU BOIL A CUP OF SALT



I am not a fan of baking... but teaching a group of 11 year old girls requires bribes (bribes=home baked goods). I'm not great with recipes and I usually either leave out an ingredient (you don't have to add the baking powder, right?) or burn it to a crisp. With that being said, and I don't care who you are, every woman wants to be able to make an especially fabulous fresh-outta-the-oven cookie. And people, it has been done. I have found the ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe. The adorable Jana posted this recipe on her blog and I knew the genius was all in its simplicity. I baked the ones featured above and they were deliciously easy. I can't thank you enough Jana. No more hockey-pucks or flat discs at the Carn house!

Chocolate Jana Cookies

2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp each of vanilla, water, baking soda, salt
2 3/4 cups flour
1 cup instant oats
chocolate chips (I used the whole bag)

Bake at 375* for 9-10 minutes! (my oven runs hot and I used the full 10 mins.)

2 comments:

jenny said...

hahaha Love the title of this blog. Love it.

David and Jana said...

Oh my gosh. When I saw the title I thought, these cookies have a cup of boiled salt???
I am so glad the they worked for you! It is so easy, so you have to be careful not to make them too often and eat them all yourself. Not that I would know...