Wednesday, June 10, 2009

WELL ZOO TO YOU TOO


So let's get this straight. St. Louis has some amazing things to do. They may not have mountains or Cinemarks or beaches or Cafe Rios or Super Targets - but they have some okay substitutes. Like say the St. Louis Zoo. It's huge (we spent almost four hours there), clean, hoodlumless, well organized, family friendly, and most importantly FREE. Yes, that's right FREE. We went on a perfect day that started out rainy (so the crowds were deterred) and then stayed sunny and cool throughout the afternoon. Next time we'll bring some food and have a little picnic next to the flamingos.


Sea Lions are my new favorite animal. I was so jealous of the eight year old girl that got to feed him dead fish.
Look at that fierce pose! Tyra would be so proud (of Robby the sea lion, not Brad and I). PS - doesn't that also look like the back of my head? More on that later... I love the perfectly positioned giraffe bums.
This guy could not care less about that ostrich.

I was going to speak parseltongue but then I was afraid the glass would disappear. Then I thought the snake would get offended if I didn't say hello... it was stressful.
The captions for this picture are endless. I wanted to take him home. Okay, how creepy is that guy looking through the tank in the back? It's Brad, right? Right? Yeah, it's totally not. When we looked through the pictures at home it freaked us out. Brad's twin was right there and we had no idea! Besides that those puffins look deranged. The butterfly house was my favorite part. There were millions of them just flying all around us in this greenhouse. It was a little magical.
Baby elephant out on a stroll. Are you sad I didn't post the one with all the poop?
Except for the fact that they eat humans, I think Hippos are adorable.

And that ends our tour of the St. Louis Zoo. Won't you come and join us on our next visit?

2 comments:

David and Jana said...

I love the zoo, too! And we love that it's free. Mary has never been, but David has taken the boys a few times already.

jenny said...

Oh gosh I hate snakes. Thanks for reminding me.

Excellent parsel tongue joke.