Sunday, May 31, 2009

DEAR DIARY MOMENTS

May 14, 2009
Bought plane tickets to go to Utah in July. Is there a word stronger than ecstatic? Currently compiling a list of stuff to do, see, and eat. Are we there yet? (UPDATE: Um… I'm behind the times. Just found out Jen is dating Colin. SEE, I’m missing everything!)

May 15, 2009
Brad finished his first year of Dental School. Deep sigh of relief! A summer off is unusual in the dental school world and it was one of the deciding factors in choosing SIUe. But actually “Off” is a misnomer because he’s doing research with one of his professors and getting paid an actual wage. Excellent. Now we can fund our movie going experiences.

May 16, 2009
Saw Star Trek today, Brad was embarrassed that I made him take a “Live long and prosper” picture in the parking lot afterwards. I liked the movie. He enjoyed it but had issues. On the drive home I had to pleasure of hearing all about the "historical" problems that JJ Abrams has brought to the Star Trek franchise. Ooo boy.

May 17, 2009
Made one of the ten year old girls in my class kill the cockroach that threatened my life. I’m only slightly ashamed.

May 19, 2009
Just finished reading The Bell Jar. Blah. Although well written, wildly depressing.

Watched the premier episode of Glee. Even though a bit obvious, I loved it. My only concern is: once they win Regionals where is the plot going? I guess I don’t care as long as they deliver Don’t Stop Believing caliber performances weekly.

May 20, 2009
Wow. Can’t believe Adam Lambert lost. However, Brad and I watched the performances from the season at americanidol.com and I forgot how consistently awesome Kris was. She Works Hard For the Money? Falling Slowly? Heartless? Ain’t No Sunshine? I must admit - he deserved to win. I appreciated Adam’s talent, but he only sung about two songs that I liked. Shoot me.

May 21, 2009
I’m missing the You Can Dance premier to have dinner and game night at Dave and Jana’s. But no worries! Youtube is there for me. Now I can have RBFs, play Settlers with friends and then catch up on You Can Dance this weekend. Best of Both Worlds people. Take that Miley Cyrus.

May 22, 2009
Leaving for Naperville today. Thank you Todd and Janice for getting married over a holiday weekend, now our trip won’t be quite as rushed. AKA, we have one more day to eat Portillos. MMmmmm. I’m still continuing my letter campaign for them to offer fry sauce. No luck so far.

May 23, 2009
Beautiful wedding. Brad and I actually danced for two songs. I thought the day would never come. No photographic evidence … but we had many witnesses! Should I be concerned that it was the first time we’ve danced in public? Naw.

May 24, 2009
Had dinner with the family. Brad’s nephew was completely against eating the ribs until we were all finished, at which point he proceeded to go to town on the BONES and threatened to smear the juice on his sister (which was not well received, evidence below). That kid is going places.


Walked the River Walk in downtown Naperville. How do they keep that place so clean and hoodlum free? It’s gorgeous. I probably would have gotten some sort of ticket for taking a nap in the lilac bushes, but trust me, I was tempted.


May 25, 2009
Brad and his Dad replaced the Civic’s brakes. We are determined to drive that car until it dies, which may be sooner than we had anticipated.

May 27, 2009
So Can Dance. Is it bad that I schedule my night around it? Did I just hear them say there is going to be Fall season? There are a few I'm a little in love with, although still too soon to tell. But Vegas is next week!

Our favorite quote of the season so far? Nigel telling Mary, “Get a hold of your self woman! It’s just dance!” Brad and I say it to each other in ridiculous British accents.

May 28, 2009
Had the missionaries over for dinner (rescheduled from Tuesday when I forgot our appointment, oops). I tell you, it must be true love realizing I never get tired of hearing Brad tell missionary stories.

3 comments:

Chris and Angie Carn said...

The picture of Cassidy pointing at Coop is the best picture in years.

David and Jana said...

Awesome post! I love that! You guys are so cute! I love that you take pictures of everything. And you should dance in public more often!

jenny said...

Your bangs are stunning. I am so jealous. I could never pull them off. And sorry I didn't tell you about collin. Ha. To be fair, I didn't know I liked him for a while. haaaaaaaa. CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! I better not be in California while you're in Utah!!