Tuesday, December 2, 2008

thanksgiving '08 recap

Brad and I didn't take any pictures over our wonderful holiday weekend because I forgot to bring our camera. Naperville was surprisingly warm, Thanksgiving dinner was expectantly fabulous, card playin was supremely competitive, and chillin with the nieces and nephews was consistently crazy (but lots of fun). My favorite conversation of the weekend went something like this:

Bridget: Gracie, what would you think if we chopped off all your cute curly hair?
Grace (age 3): Nooooo.
Brad: What if we dyed it purple!?
Grace: Nooooo.
Bridget: I think that sounds like fun.
Grace: (furrows her brow and shakes her head slowly) You guys aren't the best.

Brad and I have been saying that to eachother since we got back. She's adorable and ridiculously well spoken for her age, she's gonna be breakin hearts soon! We were also given some early Christmas presents. I'll put pictures up as soon as we put our house back together. Let just say our TV doesn't have to sit on a side table anymore and our clothes now have drawers we can put them in to. Who knew I would ever be old enough to be thrilled about getting furniture for Christmas!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yay, more furniture!

You aren't the best. I love it! It's the opposite of "Vacations...those are the best."