Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Elder Wirthlin

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
6.11.1917 - 12.1.2008


I haven't had a living grandparent since I was 12. And I always thought that if I could adopt one to stand in for a while I would definitely choose Elder Wirthlin. He seemed the right amount of serious, witty, and wise that is key in a tender hearted grandfather. After hearing that he passed away Monday night I instantly told Brad, "But he was my favorite apostle!", as if he should have known to live longer just for me. In my interim farewell I want to say that am grateful for the testimony that he has left behind.

"The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him.” .Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

2 comments:

Matt and Amber said...

Hey guys! Yeah... I know. I told Matt today that I'm not sure we had a baby as much as I birthed his clone! The similarities are crazy! He has Matt's dimple and the most crazy thing of all is that Matt has this toe on his right foot that curls over his fourth toe. The baby has the exact same thing on the same foot. It's pretty funny! He came out and Matt said "yup, he's mine."

ww said...

I love that under this touching post, readers have the option of leaving a "witty remark." ;-)