Wednesday, November 26, 2008

No I'm not Mrs.Taylor


So as a morale boosting get-to-know-you experience the company I work for decided to have t-shirt day at work. Basically we were instructed to wear a t-shirt that tells/shows everyone a fact about yourself so that everyone can learn more about you. I kind of forgot about this blessed event until this morning so I threw on my James Taylor concert shirt from five years ago and called it good.

So I was standing in the kitchen this morning waiting for my bagel to toast and a girl I’ve never spoken to before came up and asked me “So who’s James Taylor? Is that your husband?”

OKAY. First of all – I wish. Second of all – What?? Are you kidding me?

As I tried not to laugh at her I started singing Fire And Rain (blank stare), then I explained that he is a singer/songwriter that started his career in the 60’s (blank stare continued). I even went so far as to explain his marriage to Carly Simon (low and behold she had never heard of Carly or “You’re So Vain”…). I was so stunned I just ended up telling her to you tube “James Taylor”.

So what did I learn from this “get-to-know-you” experience? Ummm, yeah. This girl and I will probably not be friends (by the way her t-shirt said “I love weiners” and had a picture of the dog… enough said).


PS – Like 5 different female co-workers were wearing some form of “I love New Kids On The Block” t-shirts. What’s the deal? Kristin and I agree that they are defiantly not old enough to be cool yet. It’s not like they’re Duran Duran. (Ha! Did I just type that?)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow. You should never speak to this girl again. Who's never heard fire and rain? Puh-lease.

Funny you should mention Duran Duran. "Come Undone" came up on my shuffle a few weeks ago and I've been obsessed with it ever since.

ashley said...

I'm speechless. How old was this girl? It doesn't even matter, it's James Taylor!

"You don't have to like Duran Duran, just love me"

jenny said...

Yeah I remember when I was going to the JT concert some girl was like "Who is that?" And I was like "WHO ARE YOU? DO YOU CALL YOURSELF A HUMAN BEING?" I don't get it. People are stupid.

ashley said...

Sam and I just watched the Holiday the other night too. I actually really like that movie...I think I just really like Jude Law in that movie. But it's a cute flick.

ww said...

I love that girl.