Tuesday, July 28, 2009

YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED THAT I’M NOT AFRICAN

TOP TEN WEEK

This is supposed to be the cream of the crop people. I have a love/hate relationship with the producers shaking up the partners, and with two noticeable shorties in the bunch this is should be interesting.

Group Girls, Bollywood

Wow, they really like to pat themselves on the back, huh? How many times have they mentioned the fact that they “open doors” and that “no other show on television can do what we do.” You would think it goes:

1. Jesus
2. Ghandi
3. Mother Theresa
4. Martin Luther King
5. So You Think You Can Dance

Where was I? Oh, the dancing. I don’t ever LOVE bollywood, but I guess as far as that style goes it was okay. I agree with the judges though, no one stood out, they all handled the choreography well.

Evan/Kayla

First of all, Kiss From A Rose? Awesome song, but that’s besides the point. I can’t believe they made him put on actual high heels in the intro video, and then they had him in at least 3 inch heels for the number. The dance itself was awkward sauce, but better than I expected.


Sidenote: Debbie Allen get’s the money quote for the night: “Evan, you handle your big woman.” I’ve missed her.


Sidenote #2: Does anyone remember when Melanie Lapatin was on What Not To Wear? Clint and Stacey are going to be pissed when they find out she still only wears black. (I couldn't find a picture of her on the show anywhere, but trust - it was amazing.)

Sidenote #3: I love when Mary's says things like: “We’ve got to get serious and just cut the crap.” Because from my angle SHE'S "the crap," so where does that leave us?


Brandon’s Solo


I just wanted the seizures to stop. That was weird.


Ade/ChaCha


“I got funk.” Sure you do ChaCha. I thought she was a little uptight and Ade actually looked comfortable in the style. The dance was okay for me, the fro pick was NOT. Look at the picture above? Are you kidding me?

INNAPROPRIATE FLIRTING ALERT: Ummm… So Nigel wants to charm Mary out of her clothes? Scandalous! This is a family show people!

Randi’s Solo


Good, it’s about time we saw her dance a solo. She is cute as a button.


Kupono’s Solo


That is a weird outfit and seriously man, what is the point of that tank top? Otherwise, you remind me of Mark and that’s a good thing. Overall I like his strange solos.


Jeanine/Jason

Hello brown haired Travis, you should have won season two even if Benji was supposedly a return missionary.
Hello Jeanine’s undies.
Hello second hand embarrassment at this scandalous dance.
Hello kissing.
Hello Jason, yous a playa.

I liked this, although I turned my head through half of it because it was a little “intimate”. That Travis is saucy. You could tell he worked really hard on putting it together and was so nervous about everyone liking it.


Oldie’s Solo

Eh, forgettable. And Melissa, consider this a warning. Stop with the prom hair PLEEEASE. It doesn’t make you look any younger. Do they have ZERO control over their hair styles? That can't be true, I haven't seen anyone else sporting the prom hair.

Evan’s Solo
Adorable! He’s so much better on his solos. I really wish he was actually the best dancer overall too.

Sidenote: I wish the judges commented on their solos. This week felt like a ton of commercials because everything was so segmented, that’s going to be hard to get used to.

Kayla’s Solo
That was much better than her other solos. BTW, what has happened to her? She’s seems stepford wife happy, it’s creeping me out.


Kupono/Randi

Ooo boy. This was…
60% Awful
20% Straight up bad
10% Nervous
10% Okay

Kupono looked like he had no upper body strength and completely lost. Randi look nervous and jerky. This was one of the worst partnerships ever. Sad! I really like both of them.

Ade’s Solo

This was one of the best solos of the night. It reminded me of Will (it doesn’t help that Will never wore a shirt last season). I must comment on the denim though. Is it stretch? Is not actually denim? It can’t be comfortable to dance in jeans that tight.


Jeanine’s Solo
Still love her, she’s so spunky.

Jason’s Solo
This is my favorite of solo Jason, he’s like Evan, so much better alone than with a partner.


Brandon/Oldie
Very groovy, I guess. Oldie probably remembers the 60’s so she had an advantage here. It was danced well enough. Is my enthusiasm overwhelming?

ChaCha

Kind of unfair to have the ballroom dancers dance by themselves. But what can you do? All I think of when I see her dance is: Heidi, Chelsie, and Lacey. All of them better than ChaCha, too bad.



Group Boys, African

This was good and bad. Ade’s was pratically made for this dance, so the other guys just kind of hung in there with him. Evan embraced his pudgy whiteness, which was endearing and the other guys sweated a lot. Good times.


ELIMINATIONARY

Worst Girl: Janette (only because I love Randi that much)
Worst Guy: Kupono
Who Actually Got Kicked To The Curb: Kupono & Randi

1 comment:

Nicole said...

thank you for this... i feel somewhaat caught up again!