Thursday, July 9, 2009

TO THE LAND OF OSMONDS, FRY SAUCE, AND TEASED HAIR


Hello Friends -

Brad I are off to Utah in a few weeks and since I love organization and Brad loves (no seriously – LOVES) excel we’ve started ourselves a little spreadsheet-o-plans.

Here’s the list.

NEW THINGS I’m excited to see:
William Carn (newest Carn nephew)
Cash Hansen (Amber and Matt’s little guy)
Kasia Crowe (Kjell and JC’s little lady)
Angie with a preggo belly
My mom’s new backyard
Kristin’s new house

FOOD to Eat:
Burger Supreme:: Cheeseburger meal no cheese (Bridget) and Gyros (Brad)
Zupas:: Nuts About Berries (Bridget)
Café Rio:: Veggie Salad (Bridget), smothered Pork Burrito extra meat (Brad)
Panda Express:: This is embarrassing but the closest one is about 45 mins away and we love us some orange chicken…. mmmm.

OUTDOOR PLACES to possibly visit:
Mount Timp:: we might hike it, anyone want to join?
The Narrows:: Brad has never done it, we plan to venture south for a day
Drive the Alpine Loop

Things I’m exited TO DO IN UTAH THAT I CAN’T DO IN IL/MO:
Enjoy no humidity
Watch cable
Snuggle with the Moose Burger:: Chris and Angie’s dog
The Phebes:: mom’s dog
Go swimming:: pretty please, Chris?
Run safely outdoors
Have fun with K and Jen
Get some Shade/Modbe/Down East paraphernalia
Go to Macey’s
Got to Ikea and SuperTarget
So Can Dance viewing with K and Jen
Go to Nordstrom:: I’m a girl, get over it

Places to Visit FOR OLD TIMES SAKE
Out N Back
Macey’s:: I’m a nerd, I really miss my local Provo grocer
BYU:: Scoreboard Grill or Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears, anyone?

We want this trip to be EPIC. Mostly because we won’t be back for at least a year but also because Brad starts school again in August and he won’t ever have a summer vacation again (I know, tear, right?). So we want this trip to be top notch. Meaning we need your input. What are we forgetting? (I've heard rumors of an excellent cup cake place?)

Disclaimer - we will do our best to see everyone, but the burden of tracking us down may be on you. Not that we are THAT awesome, we just don’t want anyone to be offended if we don’t make significant plans. We just have a lot family in Utah and they pretty much come first. But don’t be afraid to call/text/email/ or leave a comment, we would love to see all of you… just be warned that Chinese fast food may be involved.

8 comments:

Kjell Crowe said...

Yea!! I'm glad we made it on the list, even if its because of Kasia!! :) Looking forward to your visit!
We should make it a big celebration and have a big BBQ or something.

ashley said...

I haven't been, but I've heard Sweet Tooth Fairy bakery in Provo has good cupcakes. Also, if you're in American Fork go to Flour Girls and Dough Boys on Main Street--yummy lunches and desserts

My word verification is sweiding...have you seen Be Kind Rewind?

jenny said...

I think I'll pass on the panda express, but SO CAN DANCE IS A MUST! Flour Girls and Dough Boys is adorable. I've never been to the Sweet Tooth Fairy bakery. I am all about the frozen yogurt these days so I can take you to one of the 50 frozo places. I'm so exciiiited

Karen said...

Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears. It's the right thing to do.

Kristen Miner said...

If you guys want company on hiking Timp, we have not done it yet this year and could possibly join you. But do it either way. You will regret it the first fews hours after but the next day you will not regret the feeling of accomplishment.

Sweet Tooth Fairy. A must. The strawberry shortcake cupcake. Another must. The Oreo cupcake is not quite as good but still divine.

As for the Flour Dough Boys and Girls, you were still at HSPS when we would have them cater right? I never thought it was anything divine. I would pass but that's just me.

Have you guys ever hiked to the Timp Caves? They are worth it. Also the Provo River is still unbelievably high right now so a bbq up the canyon is always beautiful. I will see if I can think of anything else.

David and Jana said...

So excited for you and your trip! Your list brings back so many memories! Next summer, Brad will have 3 weeks off after Boards... so vacation life isn't over. And chances are, he'll want to get as far away from IL as possible...
(we're getting out, too!)

David and Jana said...

Oh yeah, and I totally LOVE the Panda Express Orange Chicken.
You need some.

Chris and Angie Carn said...

We made the list THREE times! We are pretty awesome aren't we.

yummy cupcakes: Dippidies in AF, flour Girls and Dough Boys (I have a buy one get one coupon if you want it, salads are delicious as well). There is also a really good cupcake place in St. George if you go down there. I will be having cupcakes at my baby shower this Sat YUMMY!
I saw the SYTYCD tour a few years ago when Bengie won (is that how you spell his name?). It was a lot of fun. I think you should consider going this year.