Monday, July 13, 2009

CURRENTLY LISTENING: SUMMER NIGHT DRIVING

A sunburned nose, too much laughing, way too much diet coke, and the damp night rolling through my hair. If I close my eyes tight I can even smell breadsticks and feel sand between my toes. I had to explain to Brad that summer night driving music is VERY different from the daytime variety which is all things fun, loud, and ridiculous (aka THIS SONG). Summer night driving is relaxed and chill...

Train - Mississippi



Ryan Adams - La Cienega Just Smiled



Azure Ray - Displaced




Tori Amos - A Sorta Fairytale (there were only fan videos... so just close your eyes and enjoy the music)



Leona Naess - Lazy Days (Incredibly, youtube didn't have this. But it's perfectly summer. Go download it.)

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge (I asked Brad his Summer Night Driving Song and this was his choice. Good work son.)



What Summer Night Driving songs am I missing?

2 comments:

Scott said...

Foo Fighters, Everlong
Incubus, Drive
Bush, Alien

Kristin said...

Sister. Great post. Sorry, beach house = too lazy to Internet. Love the list, I'm pretty sure we listened to every one of those that one time we drove around sunset blvd trying to find the walk of fame, and then just gave up and went to Mel's diner. Good times. Maybe it's just because I now have Mississippi in my head, but I can't think of any to add...