Sunday, January 15, 2012

"SUMMER BREEZE" MAKES ME FEEL FINE

 

This past week it's been unseasonably warm. Nice enough for us to spend some time outdoors without having to pile on the layers. So we've taken to going on lots of walks and playing in the yard as much as possible so we can soak up these days before the inevitable big chill sets in until April. A time at which I will no longer be as much fun playing outdoors since I'll be waddling around. It's so weird to think that Finley only has a few more months of being an only child. She won't even have any memories of this time! I know her life is about to be turned upside down - a lot of big changes are coming for her little world and I'm already feeling guilty about it. Maybe that explains why I let her eat way too many conversation hearts yesterday. "Sure Tooty Buns, help yourself. You're about to hate me real soon."

*Is Tooty Buns a weird nickname to call your child? It one of our favs around here.


But I'm also really excited for her to have a sister. Like REALLY excited. But having two girls exactly two years apart is going to be quite the adventure. Those teenage years are going to be a doozy.







And it was short lived because the very next day it turned into this...




*Don't worry we were making a fashion statement with buttoning our coat one off... or sometimes some battles are better not fought at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep those blogs coming. I love them.
Diane

David and Jana said...

I love them, too! So happy you're having 2 girls! :) Tooty Buns is so cute! We called Adam Chubby Buns. And then just Buns. :) and Chubbins. :) You gotta call them whatever comes out. Its when they tell people that its their name that it gets inappropriate...