Tuesday, January 10, 2012

FAUX-LUTIONS


Remember my problem with "resolutions?" I feel like setting "resolutions" jinxes you to automatically fail at whatever you've set out to do. So these are my initiatives. And since my year is pretty much split up into pre-baby/pre-move and post baby/post move I've set these initiatives for the first six months of the year. I feel like they are all pretty reasonable.

I actually have a much larger list of things to do and make before the baby arrives but I'm trying to set myself up for success. I'm such a cheater.

Also, #9 will be the true test of my will power. I am admittedly THE WORST at keeping track of my phone. I always leave it in the bottom of my purse on silent or in the car or on the opposite side of the house wedged between two of Finley's toys. It's a mystery. I'm just not one of those people addicted to my phone, and seriously sometimes I secretly wish I lived in pre-cell phone days. Sssshhh. Don't tell anyone I said that. I just don't like people thinking they should be able to get a hold of me at all times. Man, did my anti-social tendency just show itself or what? BUT I have come to understand that I have adult responsibilities that require me to occasionally use my cell phone for more than calling my mom and texting Kristin quotes from Felicity. Stupid adulthood.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

But you're still going to text me quotes from Felicity, right?

David and Jana said...

I got your #5. Throw a whole frozen chicken(that fits) in your crockpot with 1/2 cup water for 7 hours on Low. Done! Most tender delicious chicken. Remove from crockpot and cover on a plate to cool a little before de-boning.
:) Good luck with your resolutions!!!

Nicole said...

I hate my phone too! I hate the responsibility that comes from being always accessible although i always leave mine somewhere random on silent too! I am excited you are having another girl! Congrats!