Sunday, January 8, 2012

FOUR DAYS

...until the big gender reveal! Anyone care to venture a guess?

(Since no post is complete without a picture I've included this one of Finley's awesome post nap bedhead from yesterday - I'm just grateful she has enough hair for that to happen.)

Hopefully this baby will be a bit more cooperative with the ultrasound technician. If you recall Finley did her best to curl her legs up and would not budge. So we had to wait until I was 23 weeks before we found out for sure. So fingers crossed by Thursday night we'll know! Brad and I keep going back and forth but lately I've been thinking boy and he's been thinking girl. One thing is for sure, this baby is way more mellow than Finley. I was reading my journal the other day and it talked about how much movement I felt all day long at this point in the pregnancy, but Baby Dos just gives me gentle nudges maybe twice a day. And at my last appointment the baby stayed perfectly still for my OB to get his/her heart rate, but with Finley at nearly every appointment the doc would have to chase her around my belly to get an accurate reading. People say not to compare your kids and look at me doing it already! Oh well. It's inevitable, right? (Please someone tell me I'm right.) Brad won't be able to be there because he already had a patient scheduled for the same time as my appointment so I'll be going it alone. BUT I'm not going to look during that part and I'm going to have the tech right it down in a sealed envelope and we are going to look at it together over dinner that night. Brad's lucky I don't like to ruin surprises.

In other big news, this week is our deadline to submit our rank order list for the residencies we would like to attend. It has been stresssssssssful! We are deciding how to rank seven totally different programs and places (ie: Wisconsin versus Texas) which will also dictate where we spend at least the next six years of our lives. How it works is we submit our rankings, then the programs submit the candidates that they have chosen. The highest ranked place that we've chosen that also chooses us will be where we HAVE to go. There's no decisions after this point unless we decided to not do a residency at all, which really isn't an option for us at this point. So this rank order list is kind of a big deal. It's a big week at the Carn household!

We'll find out if we get in and where on January 30th. Oh the agony of waiting! Wish us luck!


2 comments:

Carn Family said...

Ok...I am going to guess a boy just cuz I feel like it. I can't wait to hear where you guys end up although I think you know where we want you to be! We are keeping our fingers crossed. Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes.

Anonymous said...

I'm also guessing a boy. The girls are out numbering the boys so we need to even it up a bit. Please call as soon as you know we will be waiting.

Diane