Friday, January 20, 2012

BABY QUILT SNEAK PEAK


Here is sneak peak of the Baby Dos quilt. I meant to stay away from pink this time but I couldn't help myself. I'm kind of in love with the fabric. Way more than I was with Finley's. Which is a bummer - her sister's quilt is going to be sooo much better. Don't tell. Although when then they are old enough to appreciate quilts it will be pretty evident. I've made a lot of quilts in my day but not many baby quilts. For some reason down sizing them confuses me - style wise. This is going to have a very thin layer of batting and it will have a minky backing (I'm kind of nervous to work with minky). Finley's quilt is nice but it's not snuggly. And I'll be machine quilting this instead of hand tying it so that it can withstand multiple washings (a must for a baby blanket). Also, I made Finley's way too big. She still doesn't really use it much. I want this quilt to work as a baby blanket and then a lap blanket as they get older. My mom made us quilts when we were about in middle school with leftover fabric scraps from items she had made us as kids and I love that idea.  So I figure I'll make them another larger blanket later on. 

Soooo that was my rambling about baby blankets. Fascinating I know! Have a good weekend. I know were I'll be late into the night - at my sewing station away from little jam hands watching/listening to old episodes of Friends.

No comments: