Wednesday, August 10, 2011

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

This is my go to recipe for every occasion. I make it about once a week and usually triple the recipe so I can freeze it (just before the cooking stage) for future meals. I've used it for countless guests so I guess I need to find a new meal to serve people because I'm guessing it won't seem as impressive when it looks like it's the only thing I cook (which is partly true). Anyway. I've had a bunch of people ask for the recipe so I'm just posting it here on the blog so everyone can start having it bi-weekly. Enjoy. PS - it's soooo delicious.

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS (originally from Southern Living)



For the Filling:
3 Cups cooked, chopped or shredded chicken
2 Cups shredded pepper jack cheese
1/2 Cups Sour Cream
1 can chopped green chillies, drained
1/3 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 can sliced olives


Salsa Verde Sauce:
4 oz. sour cream
4 oz. salsa verde (or green salsa)


8 (8 inch) flour tortillas


Stir filling ingredients together. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over tortillas and roll up. Arrange in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Coat tops lightly with vegtable cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 35-40 mins or until golden brown. Once out of the oven top with Salsa Verde sauce.


TIPS: For less heat use cheddar cheese. I love using whole wheat tortillas. If the mixture seems too dry add some more sour cream to your hearts content - everything should stick together like the consistency of chicken salad. If you won't be eating the entire pan serve the sauce on each plate, otherwise the leftovers will get soggy.


*** Obviously this post has nothing to do with So You Think You Can Dance. I'm the worst. I'll do a season recap after the Finale. I've been out of town for the last three weeks and vacation was just too stressful (read: I'm lazy) to blog. But I'm back in town and ready to watch Melanie win the whole enchilada (see how I tied those two things together - I'm so clever) but I wouldn't mind if Marko or Tadd won. So basically I'm just rooting for Sasha to NOT win. Not that she's not awesome she's just my fourth favorite... out of four.

1 comment:

David and Jana said...

THANKYOU!!! I needed that recipe! You're the whole enchilada! How is your summer so far? How weird is this, I have a tan! WE MISS GAME NIGHTS!!!