Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ASPEN GROVE TAKE THREE


This is probably the most beautiful place to do pottery - suspended over a mountain river. It was seriously loud, but seriously beautiful. Too bad I'm THE WORST at pottery. There was plenty of Unchained Melody references (who said we were mature?) but alas I have no natural talent for pottery. I had to re-throw (Is that even the right way to say it? Whatever.) like a gazillion times and what I ended up with was perfectly described by my sister-in-law Brook, "Great. You can have that on your coffee table and put six M&Ms in it." My dreams were crushed! Just kidding, because she was right. I ended up throwing it away before I left Utah. All that remains is the following picture.



One day the adults did a hike to Stewart Falls, which was also the same day as the kids groups. On our path we passed a few of the nieces and nephews yucking it up.


It was one of the hotter days we were there, and we all had to rush back to get to our various art classes. But it was worth the trek, if would have been sad to spend a week in the mountains and not hike at all.








One of my favorite things we did was shoot air rifles. Brad even got a certificate for hitting five of his shots within the size of a quarter.

I did not receive that same certificate.






2 comments:

ashley said...

maybe I missed this part, but where's Finley? Did you have a little vacay without her? Looks like you guys had fun! Makes me miss Utah a little.

Carn Family said...

I really hope I did not crush your dreams about being a famous potter one day. Really I was just jealous that I could not even make anything nearly as nice as yours to hold my 6 M&M's! Love all your pictures. I may have to borrow some of them to do my own slacker post on Aspen Grove as well.