Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I DON'T DO APRIL FOOLS

BUT! if you feel the need to laugh you should probably take a moment to read this blog: Stuff White People Like. I ran it by Brad and he agrees that it isn't offensive, so I apologize if anyone else thinks otherwise. It’s written as a fake informative guide for a non-white person and explains various “white” phenomenons such as:

Ugly Sweater Parties
Organic Food
Daily Show/ Colbert Report
Arrested Development
Self Aware Hip Hop References
Apple Products
Threatening to Move to Canada
Non Profit Organizations
Gifted Children
80’s night
Indie Music
Vintage

And his list of 123 only gets better and more amusingly accurate… I now officially feel like a stereotype. Go have a read.

PS - the reason I don't do April Fools is that Brad and I became officially engaged exactly two years ago today so it feels more sentimental than anyting but more importantly I haven't thought of a truly clever joke to play on him yet. One of these years though...

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I've read this blog before. I think it's kinda funny, but I haven't read it in over a year probably!

Nicole said...

So thanks for the update!

Kristen Miner said...

Oh man. Those make me do feel 'white.'