Saturday, April 25, 2009

CURRENTLY LISTENING

I claim that the first album I bought was:



But it was actually the second album I bought, this was my first:



And I can still listen to this album start to finish, it's so good. Does anyone have a clearer, purer voice than Allison Krauss? Love her.

Well, it appears I have come full circle. Recently I have been mildly obsessed with the blue grassy Mumford & Sons and while there is shockingly little written about them online I have deduced that they are British, one of the band members is named Country, and they often play with Laura Marling (also a mild obsession). As far as I can tell they haven't produced an actual physical album, but you can download their music here.

My favorites: My Heart Told My Hand, Roll Away Your Stone, Feel The Tide, Awake My Soul, The Cave, White Blank Page

They also do a mean Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing.

Have a listen and fall in love.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Confession. I just downloaded a bunch of their songs.

ashley said...

Sweet. I will definitely download their stuff. I didn't know Come, Thou Fount was considered a Christmas carol. Interesting.