Wednesday, April 22, 2009

THE MILKMAN, THE PAPERBOY, EVENING TV

Our friend Brett commented that in our banner Brad looks exactly like Will Forte from SNL. I guess I can kind of see it. Brad’s nose does look inexplicably pointy in that picture. This would be Brad if he was feeling especially dapper and drinking Martinelli's.


Also, last week my visiting teachers commented that Brad looks like Edward Cullen (Robert Pattison) from Twilight. I don't really see that one - Brad does have yellowish eyes, the forehead, and THE EYE BROWS (mentioned in this post and this post, I guess they are kind of the mascot of this blog). This is the picture they saw:


I just wasted 15 mins of my life google imaging "Edward Cullen Smile" and "Robert Pattinson Teeth" because this kid does not take happy pictures. Sheesh, you've got a cushy life, buck up.


So Brad gets a witty comedian and a vampire. I, on the other hand, grew up hearing that I looked like Stephanie Tanner. Yes, the same classy lady who was addicted to heroine and has recently had her child taken away. I should probably just confess now that in third grade I actually kind of loved this, Full House was my favorite show. But sometime before middle school it lost its cool factor. Even when I lived in Japan, 12ish years ago, people who barely spoke English would stop and point to me saying: “Ste-fah-nee, Foo Howss”. Embarrassing.

The majority of my old photos are still in Utah at my Mom's house, but I managed to find this winner of me at 13. Yes that is a Beauty and the Beast poster, and yes that is a daisy print bed spread. I was pretty awesome. (My head looks weirdly large, I promise there is a shadow.)

"How Rude!" in all her head-banded glory.


Another unexplainable trend is that I constantly have total strangers telling me, “You look just like my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend… who passed out at 31 Flavors last night”. What do you say to that? “Thanks? I hope she’s a hot chick with a killer sense of style?” I probably get it a few times a year, but when I worked at Einstein’s Bagels in college I heard it about five times a week. Apparently, little S. Tanner grew up just a little faceless.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Um, sister, am I behind the times or did you recently cut fringe bangs? They look spectacular. Seriously, post that picture without the cover-up. And if that was a picture of stephanie tanner, you should seriously consider getting bangs.

ashley said...

Here's one--people used to tell me that I looked like Mark from Home Improvement. Not even JTT! Did you have to look up that quote from Ferris Bueller or did you have it memorized? I'm impressed!

jenny said...

Show them bangs girl! They look fierce. The only thing I've ever gotten is Gwenyth Paltrow. Which let's face it, Yeaaaaaah right. I wish. Oh and Wendy thinks I look exactly like Bonnie Hunt. Maybe I will blog about this. YEs I will.

Nicole said...

i have a genetic copy so most people couldn't get over that... but i have been told by a few people that i remind them of phoebe from friends which kind of saddens me... am i really that much of an airhead?

also you being told you look like stephanie from full house by japanese people is hilarious! i wish i could hear someone say it!