Tuesday, February 10, 2009

MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR

I spent four hours in the gym over the past two days just so I could watch the 2009 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. That's dedication people. I should win some sort of prize. Well Stump certainly did. The awesomely monikered Sussex Spaniel won Best In Show AND he gets to go on Martha tomorrow. Lucky.

(images from Yahoo News)

RECAP

I was really disappointed the Scottish Deerhound didn't win, because the headline "Tiger Woods wins the 2009 Kennel Club Dog Show" would have been classic.

I must give the Scottish Terrier props for his Best In Show entrance. Not every one would have the courage to urinate on national television. I love how the announcers pretended like they didn't see it and instead of changing the subject they just remained silent which made it painfully more obvious that they did in fact see it.

Okay. I'm a woman so I can say this. The female announcer was awful (I couldn't find her name anywhere, probably for good reason). First of all she knows less about dogs than I do, which is basically nothing. Questions like "So... is the Mastiff's slobber at all a factor in the judging?" does nothing for our gender and does not make the show more appealing to a wider audience. Also, I'm sorry. She sounds like a man. I was taken aback EVERY time they cut to her because I had forgotten I wasn't listening to two men. It's like taking a swig of your drink and unexpectedly getting water instead of coke.

Last year my favorite was the French Bulldog. They still remain my favorite but this year I am adding Norfolk Terrier to the list.

(Image from Wikipedia)

It went by way too fast this year, I submit it should be a week long event - somehow they need to come up with more categories. Only 364 days to go until next year!

(SIDENOTE - Ash I'm sorry for missing your big day yesterday. You know I love you. Happy Birthday!)

5 comments:

Chris and Angie Carn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bradget said...

Chris, I already read your comment before you deleted it and I have to say that Maggie is already on the list. In fact Brad and I were talking about how cute she is just last night :)

jenny said...

What is that adorable lil pup! I WANT IT

PS Is it just me or are we the only ones who comment on blogs anymore

ashley said...

Haha! I didn't know you were so involved with the dog show! That's awesome. Thanks for the shout out!

I'm with you Jenny...no one is commenting these days. It rotates between you, Bridget, and my mom on my blog.

ashley said...

I don't know why I'm commenting twice on all your blogs--I forgot, I love your new look. What program did you do it in?