Tuesday, January 27, 2009

havasupai: we roll old school style

Brad has been bugging me to do a blog post about Havasupai since last summer and the other day he had finally had TOO MUCH. In a fit of anger he picked the pictures out himself and sent them to me, along with a ‘casual’ text stating that the Havasupai pictures were ready to be posted. I find this all highly humorous since it takes three days of nagging to get him to do things that are actually important, you know, like take out the rancid garbage filled with five day old raw chicken. Raw chicken that smells so heinous I could actually get airborne salmonella. I could take it out myself but it's one of his THREE household chores he's in charge of, so I don't on principle. But I digress. [that story was of course exaggerated for blog entertainment purposes]
UPDATE #1 Brad says I sound bitter in the above paragraph. I actually meant it to be funny but I really am a little bitter because he gets two days off of school (when he has literally five feet to walk to class) and I get zero days off of work (when I have to drive 1 1/2 hours through the snow). Real cool.

We had a delightful time at Havasupai [June 08], hard to believe this exists inside the desert of the Grand Canyon. Our camera was dropped onto rocks while climbing down a 30 foot cliff which is why we recently procured a new far superior one. Brad also strained his knee cliff jumping so the 10 mile hike out was not so lovely, but we were pleased to be able to check off one of our major “Must Do”s before we left Utah. We’d go back in a heartbeat.
UPDATE #2 Brad has informed me that he actually hurt his knee hiking in and that the cliff jumping just made it worse. That's what I get for being an untimely blogger, I guess there is some merit to him complaining about taking 7 months to blog about this.



[below: if you look close you can see Brad in the midst of the fateful jump]

[This was the last picture taken before the camera fell to it's near death, lovely way to go though, huh?]



1 comment:

Nicole said...

sick... i just experienced the smell of rotten chicken in my trash can too. it is vile. but your pictures are lovely.