Monday, January 12, 2009

currently listening


If you are looking for a Jazzy/Blues album go buy Adele’s album 19. I’ve been meaning to buy this for about six months and it’s de-lightful. Plus her middle name is Blue. How did her parents expect her to do anything but sing? (Maybe Spencer and Heidi were on to something when they wanted to adopt a kid from Africa and name him Dunk so he would be an NBA player.) She went to the same school as Amy Winehouse, Imogen Heap, Leona Lewis, and Kate Nash - must be something in the water there. She actually has a similar Amy Winehouse sound except I don’t feel like I’m getting a venereal disease just by listening to her. Adele is more pleasant and her album is more awesome.

If you can’t commit to the whole thing then download: Chasing Pavements, Hometown Glory, Cold Shoulder, Right As Rain, Tired, or Feel My Love (awesome cover).

3 comments:

jenny said...

There is a video of Melt my heart to stone on itunes. It's way better than the version on the album. LOVE HER though!

ashley said...

Thanx (that's for K) for the review. I like the one song I have of hers. I'll have to check out the whole thing.

Kristen Miner said...

oh, I've been meaning to buy for a while too. I am just about convinced now. I really enjoy her sound as well.