Wednesday, December 7, 2011

INDIANA


And our tour of the United States continues... when my mom was in town we went to Indiana to visit my brother's family. He has two boys full of the type of energy that you wish you could bottle for adult consumption. They make it very obvious that there is a distinct difference between raising boys and girls. If Baby Dos (that's what we are calling the little one that's currently cookin') ends up being a boy it will definitely be a shock to the system. Anyway, we had a blast in Indiana. And since Brad wasn't with us we got to go to Cracker Barrel! Hooray! He has some strong opinion against the place - I swear if I knew that before we got married it might have a been a deal breaker. Who doesn't love rocking chairs and southern breakfast served all day?! Don't get me started. So we ate at The Barrel, did some shopping, and hung out at my brother's house. A short but sweet trip.

Here is my brother throwing Finley up in the air. One of her very favorite things that her own daddy does.


Finley enjoying the fine seating at The Barrel.


Finley and Ryan sharing a seat.




We also enjoyed a nice fall day at the park. Finley is still obsessed with slides but I'm a bit overprotective so I if they can accommodate me I usually slide down with her. It was a good thing I did because this was the Space Mountain of slides. It took me by surprise but as you can tell Finley loved every second. The little daredevil.


Finley and Iain playing high five on the swings. Finley thought it was hilarious when he would high five her face. Whatever.




Alex and Finley enjoyed some swim time at our hotel. Finley LOVES water. So she truly is my child. YES. She still tries to push away from us because I'm pretty sure she thinks she can swim. Note to self - really need to get the munchkin in swim lessons. 




 And that concludes our tour of the midwest. Next stop California!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Where in California?!?! If you're anywhere near Monterey you MUST call me!!!! I'm serious!!!!

David and Jana said...

BEAUTIFUL little face!!
boys are different, awesome.
Floaties. Get her floaties so she can swim away from you. We did that with Mary this summer and she goes all over the pool by herself and goes under on her own, too, but she has to try hard because the floaties keep her up. Just regular arm band floaties. I lOVE them!

Anonymous said...

That first picture in Idiana says it all. Finley has personality plus. She is so expressive and cute. Kids don't need much just a little time with parents having fun and they are so happy. She is definetly happy. GOOD JOB MOM!!!

Diane