Tuesday, December 13, 2011

15 WEEKS - BABY DOS




My belly is about as big as it was at 20 weeks with Finley. But luckily I seem to be carrying a little higher  so I still fit into my regular pants. Thank goodness. Maternity pants are not the best.

At my last appointment the baby's heartbeat was 155, which if you believe the old wives tale means we are having a girl. But that myth has been widely disputed. In fact it was based on Brad's heartbeat that his mother's doctor convinced her Brad was a girl until his birth. So we'll have to wait until January 12th before we can find out the baby's gender for sure. Any guesses? Brad and I are both stumped - we have zero premonitions.

And can I say how fantastic the first half have this pregnancy has been compared to Finley? Want to know the difference? DRUGS. No seriously. Anti-nausea medication was a gift from above. Now I can eat more than crackers, cheeseburgers, and Shells and Cheese. My nausea actually felt way worse this time around but at least I wasn't stuck sitting at a desk. I just felt awful after weeks of laying on the couch while I replayed Elmo's World for Finley until about 11AM when I could actually function. She was definitely getting the short end of the stick mothering wise and it wasn't fair to her. And let's face it. The thought of feeling like crap for two more months sent me into hysterics. So at my first appointment I asked for something that could help and before I could even finish the question the NP was ordering a prescription for me on her Ipad. Ever since that day I've felt close to human again! Which is delightful. I'd actually forgotten what it felt like to not want to throw up all the time. My appetite is still all messed up but at least I can eat a wide variety of non-processed foods! Hurray! As my brother-in-law once said, "There is no medal for toughing through morning sickness without drugs." Awwww. I feel like I should cross stitch that on a pillow.


3 comments:

irondave said...

So you guys want a prediction on Bebe Segundo - I will stick my neck out and go with the male version of the species.

David and Jana said...

Sweet pictures!
I left a message on your phone to get your address!

Charles said...

I thought Brad was a girl, are you saying that Brad has been a boy all this time?