Tuesday, December 6, 2011

CHICAGO


A few months ago I visited my friend Ashley in Chicago for the day. She lives just down the street from the shore of Lake Michigan so we took our three kids down to get as sandy as possible. I wasn't sure what Finley would do but she seemed to love it. At first she laid down on the beach towels and just rolled around. Then she discovered that copying Parker and Lincoln was a lot more fun, so she got to digging.


 A moment of cooperation, but of course not looking at the camera. I think Ashley managed to get a picture of all three looking in our direction.


It was so unseasonably warm, honestly we couldn't have ordered a nicer day. There were tons of people out on the water - which even on the nicest of days is still pretty freezing.


Her second favorite thing to do was run away from me - do all children run away from their mother like Finley? I swear sometimes it's like she doesn't like me very much.


This was taken moment before she walked straight into the water and then a mini wave knocked her down. She was not too pleased but luckily it was warm enough for me to strip her down to her diaper.


This is her sandy face after I had cleaned her up - she was pretty much covered head to toe. But getting in a warm car while you are covered in sand and falling asleep on the drive back home is part of childhood,  right?


You can also see Ashley's post - her's was a bit more timely than mine. Showoff.

No comments: