Friday, December 9, 2011

CALI CALI CALI


And our last and final stop on the Fall US Tour 2011 is California. Even though I was in week two of pregnancy nausea and felt like I wanted to crawl into a bathroom and die I still have very fond memories. I just wish Finley had been old enough to have some of those memories for herself. The entire reason we went to California in the first place (other than - HELLO - it's California) was because my amazing friend Jenny (younger sis of the oft sited Kristin) got married. This was hugely exciting and so fun since the reception took place on Balboa Island (also known as "Heaven").


Jenny and Taylor sitting in a tree... the almost newlyweds.


Boat ride around the harbor. I'm so happy we sat at the front of the boat with the screen - otherwise Finley would have been in that water so fast.



Brooke (older sister to Jenny and Kristin) and her daughter Lily. Finley was not so lap compliant.


Finley entertained herself with the life jackets and as usual believed she was the center of attention and tried playing peek-a-boo with everyone else.


These pictures were from the temple grounds during the wedding. The girls watching the kids outside made sure to mention afterwards that Finley is the most energetic child and didn't sit still for a second. Surprise. Surprise.


Getting some loves from Audrey - Kristin's niece. They all call Kristin "Aunt K" and we tried all week to get Finley to say it too but she was not game. I'll keep working on it though, it's so cute.


You can tell Audrey and Ryan have their own little brother at home, they were so sweet and kind to Finley.



Finley and Drue are three days a part in age. But Finley definitely has the only child syndrome. She's not what you would call "a good sharer" or good natured about rough play.


LOVE this picture. Right after this a temple worker walked out and sad, "She's on the right path, just a little early." So cute.


And here is the blushing bride! I tried my best not to be annoying to the real photographer so I didn't manage to get one with her and her husband.


One of my favorite moments from the whole experience was when Kristin's uncles played and sang a variety of songs with their guitars and ukeleles. It was so awesome and Finley was entranced.





This is just outside the house where the reception was held. Finley and Lily were constantly trying to devise an escape route.


These were my thoughts exactly. After spending a week chasing Finley whilst feeling like I had been drug through the desert by my toenails all I wanted was to hug someone and pout.



2 comments:

ashley said...

cute pictures! makes me even more sad I couldn't go. i really love that pictures of her climbing up the temple steps. so so cute.

Bre said...

SO fun! I love California! Ok, and small world...I'm pretty sure Jenny married my old roommate's ex-boyfriend! hahaha. They look so cute together. I'm so happy for them!