Friday, July 8, 2011

SO CAN DANCE - TOP 14

Yeah I don't remember what week this is... but we are getting down to the nitty gritty. Just two weeks until we hit the top 10 and the dancers start pairing with the all stars. Speaking of which, rumor on the street is that the all stars will be: Benji Schwimmer (S2), Sabra Johnson (S3), Caitlin Kinney (S5), Mollee Gray (S6), Evan Kasprzak (S5), Randi Evans (S5), Ellenore Scott (S6), Legacy Perez (S6), Brandon Bryant (S5) and Kupono Aweau (S5).

I actually think this collection of dancers is bit strange. But I'm REALLY excited to see Benji and Evan. I really hope Evan and Little Jazz pair up for an amazing Broadway number. Chills! Okay now I'm officially cheering for Little Jazz to do well.

Kat: I little Asian persuasion this week, mmm just okay.

Guest judge: How awful was Carmen Electra?! Worst judge ever.


LITTLE JAZZ HANDS & CLARICE - CONTEMPORARY

Okay. Jazz and Clarice are totally growing on me. He's not quite so annoying anymore... or Jazzy's mom has started slipping the editors a few Hamiltons each week. Either way, they are the dark horse for me at this point. I LOVED this dance. Can I hear three cheers for finally a storyline that wasn't forced in some sappy Lifetime movie kind of way? The choreographers are getting a little over the top in that department, right? Overall this was the one at the end of the night that I wanted to go back and watch again.


TINY HEAD & VENEERS - CONTEMPORARY
I love me some violin solos and I love me some Celine. Don't even tell me you don't get caught up in the dramatic pause in the middle. I wasn't as excited about this as the judges were but I imagine a piece like this is much better in person. There were some crazy sweet lifts in the middle.


BOY HAIR & MARKO - JAZZ

I could have done without her weird flamenco/moulin rouge dress, it was a bit distracting. I feel like they want to keep dressing her SUPER girly because of her short hair. It's weird though because I'm pretty sure you can look girly without looking like a prostitute. I've decided to embrace the short hair much like Felicty in season 2. She started rockin the headbands and after a while it was super cute. I think America has grown since then. I think they are ready for pixie on tv. Wait. Is this a recap about dancing? Oooooh. I forgot why I was here for a second. This one was good. That Marko is just so dang likeable - I wouldn't even know if they danced like sewage.


RYAN & JEGGINGS! - JAZZ

I was totally feeling the Zoolander vibe. Which is a good thing. This had fun choreo, good dancing, and the costumes worked well. I love a good 3 out of 3.

PS - I really think Ryan looks like Nancy Travis from So I Married and Axe Murderer. Right? Anyway. Just saying.



STRIPPER & TADD - WALTZ

For a dance about a crazy mermaid taking your soul, this was decent. Although, was it just me or was this barely a waltz? It seemed way more contemporary than waltzy. I'm still loving Tadd and I guess Stripper is kind of growing on me after she seemed genuine about thanking her family.


RICO & SISTER - HIP HOP

This wasn't nearly as awful as the judges let on. Sure he doesn't do hip hop but give him so cred. The problem is that he looked more feminine than her. They should have switch roles. It cracks me up that Mary was criticizing Rico for "no swag," wow apparently those who can't do - critique.

PART DEUX & ASHLEY BANKS - SALSA

Can I just say that Ashley is really pretty? But you’re, like, really pretty. So you agree? You think you’re really pretty? I feel like Paula saying that but honestly a lot all the poses Ash did throughout the dance were amazing. She looked soooo pretty. Unfortunately everything in between and everything to do with Part Deux was a bit awful. I never thought either of these dancers would make it to the top 10, it was only a matter of time.


GROUP DANCES

I thought the guys routine was one of the better group numbers of the entire season. If you didn't catch it - go watch it here.


WHO GOT KICKED?


No big shocker on who they sent home: it was only a matter of time. Plus they had to send home Legacy Part Deux before the top ten because it looks like Legacy Part Uno is coming back as an all star. And the world might implode. OR my theory is correct and they are one in the same person. Which in that case I guess dry your tears because he'll be back on in a few weeks. As for Ashleybanks - no such luck. Although how adorable did she look while dancing for her life?

Your Top 12!



* I won't be able to do So Can Dance commentary the next two weeks. But I may have a special guest star fill in... but I make no promises. It's not like anyone reads these recaps anyway.

No comments: