Sunday, December 12, 2010

WITCHCRAFT

So Brad's parents gave us their old Christmas tree when we left after Thanksgiving. I'm not sure how three people, a ginormous tree, and all our luggage made it back to Alton in our Civic but somehow we lived to tell the tale. Diane warned us that some of the pre-lit lights were out but I was thrilled to move on from our two footer to a big girl tree. Plus free is my favorite price. Anyway, once I set it up only three branches lit up. My mom told me about this thing that fixes your lights by plugging them into this gun-like device. I wasn't buying it at all - it just seemed like one of those "too good to be true" things. Or one of those things that works for everyone else but me. I went to Home Depot the next day anyway to buy one and made sure that they would let me return it if it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Well I don't want to over sell this but it was all it was cracked up to be and MORE. It seriously felt like I was performing magic. Every strand was fixed but one and it was ridiculously easy. Just plug and click and they magically start working again. Witchcraft, I tell you! Since then I have considered trying to break the lights again so that I can use the gun again. But maybe not. If you have lights that aren't working give me a call - I'll bring my gun over.

3 comments:

David and Jana said...

We might just want to borrow that. We have all our lights up that work, but we've got a bunch that don't also!

Carn Family said...

I wish I would have known about this a few weeks ago. We just bought a brand new tree because the one we had had a few strands that had gone out. This may have saved us some money...don't tell Charlie!

Kate said...

Ummm....I have GOT to get one of those!!! That happened to my tree this year as well, and let's just say I'm glad the baby's not here yet, because I used a TON of unlady-like words trying to find my burnout (which I never did!)....