Wednesday, August 25, 2010

UTAH WEEK ONE

Our first week in Utah was spent up at the East Canyon Resort with my sisters Shelley and Alex, my brother Michael and his oldest son Iain, my Aunt Pete, and my mom. We ate some great food, went swimming, and enjoyed the dry mountain air. Have I mentioned before on this blog that I hate humidity? There were also a few rather intense nights of game playing. We might have had to retire Qwirkle after the first day because we were all a little competitive (although when we played the following week I won 3 times in a row - booyah!). I even convinced Brad to somewhat enjoy playing one of my family's favorites, mahjong.

You can tell that we got kind of lax on taking pictures because as the trip progressed I took less and less. But we did get some good ones of everyone loving the Finners. She must have been very relaxed on this vacation because she was sleeping in almost every picture.

Finley never actually got in the pool at East Canyon but she did enjoyed some bathing suit naptime everyday while I read. She also got to wear her new sun hat that Brad brought back from Spain.


My nephew Iain loves to get thrown around in the pool. I'm pretty sure Brad and Michael spent the majority of the time getting him airborn. We just had to keep tightening his trunks to avoid any indecent exposure.

Here's my brother holding Finley dreading the days when he'll have to start the newborn process all over again with his own next baby. I don't blame him, I think having two energetic sons would be a handful.
One of the days we took a shopping trip to Park City and ate some lunch. I think my family has been going to Park City on a regular basis for the last 20 years so Finley needed to be initiated properly. With all the pictures of her asleep it seems she was really impressed.


At lunch Brad had some issues and decided to embarass himself. Actually I think the water pitcher was nocked over and he was the lucky recipient of most of the runoff. Finley's carseat was a nice disguise as we left, othewise Brad might still be at that restaurant. Sidenote - they had beer with Mormon themed names, they were trying to be clever but the whole idea was kind of unfunny to me.


We tried to introduce Finley to our love for hiking and camping. But since I'm hyper sensitive as a new mom I was worried about her getting sunburned, so our hike only lasted about 15 minutes. As you can tell from this picture I might have gone overboard on covering her up. But her face is classic. When she's in deep sleep like this her mouth hangs open like a baby bird, it's hilarious.

We all live in different states across the country so it's hard for us to get together in the same place at the same time but I'm glad we did. We had a great time and hopefully we can make it a regular thing.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness Alex is so grown up!!! I can't believe it! Shelley looks great too! I never met your brother in Oki, so I have nothing to compare it to....but I'm so glad you guys all got to get together for a little while! Sounds like you've had an amazing summer full of travels and adventures!!