Monday, August 23, 2010

CARN FAMILY REUNION 2010

Here is the first of three posts from our vacation... first stop the Carn Family Reunion 2010. Before heading out to Starved Rock, IL all 35 us (!!!) convened at the Carn house in Naperville. Not all of us stayed at the Carn's house those first few nights but pretty close - it was a tight fit. Brad and I were the last to arrive just in time to bless Finley and her cousin Logan. It was a special moment to have so much family around and to see Brad bless our first child. Kind of unreal and I'm grateful I had a room full of people to take copious notes - I wouldn't have remembered anything!


The next morning we drove caravan style to Starved Rock, Illinois with LOTS of people and even more food. We stayed in two 18 person condo/cabins that worked out great. We had plenty of room for cooking and playing cards and eating.

One day we had a bottle rocket competition. I'm no sure who won... but everyone had a great time designing and setting them off. Luckily no one or thing got injured in the process because those babies could really fly.

Finley, the youngest current grandchild, shares her birthday with Carson, the oldest grandchild.

Brad and I met just a few weeks after Scott was born. In fact within the first few months of us dating we started babysitting him and his big sister Lauren. We used to call Scott the little burrito - which carried over into Finley's prenatal nickname. It blows my mind to see him so grown up, I can't believe Brad and I have known each other that long!

Here is Finley and her cousin Logan. They are almost exactly two months apart, I can't wait until they are older and can start playing together.


Here is Avery (or as I like to call her Miss Averman) - she just turned one and we got to see her start walking on our trip to Utah.


One of the great things about Starved Rock is the indoor water park. We had unlimited access which we all thoroughly took advantage of. Up to that point Finley had a bad relationship with water - baths were not a fun time - but I always want her to be comfortable around water so she had her first "swim". Which means I held her in the water while she cried for a few minutes but as soon as she could cuddle up to one of us she went right to sleep. It made the lazy river very enjoyable.



We also played a few games: Family Feud, a Talent Show, and Bingo and they all turned out really fun. There were defiantly some classic moments... let me just say that our eight year old nephew Spencer singing and dancing to Eye Of The Tiger was AMAZING. Whenever Brad and I need a chuckle we just watch his dance intro - that is SO being played at his wedding reception.

And here are the masters of the show: Ross and Diane. Thanks again! We were so happy everyone got to meet Finley and we had a great time. We can't wait for the Carn Reunion 2011 - watch out Alpine Utah there's a boat load of Carn's heading your way!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say Carson looks like a monkey. LOL! And way old. Finley is so cute! It was so great seeing y'all. I miss you! McKenna. :)