Wednesday, August 18, 2010

TWO NEW TRICKS [ONE NOT SO REAL]

So I had a dream last night that Finley could read. Not that she was older and could read but a two month old who could read. She was self taught and read words like "ocean" clear as bell in the cutest little voice. This might stem from the fact that I think she is the smartest baby around. Or possibly it has to do with me spending hours talking to her and sometimes daydreaming that she randomly says something back to me (ps - how weird would that be?). But alas she can not read or even talk. But she does have 1 new (real) trick. She can smile. And not just accidental smiles - full on ear to ear grins on cue when she is genuinely happy. Like I said - she's the smartest baby that ever was.


We haven't had any real giggles yet. But last night she start making two "ha" sounds right in a row while smiling so we think she's almost there. It's confusing because this super soft little bouncer also vibrates AND plays soothing sounds. Trust me, if there was a grown up version for me to nap in I'd laugh on command. I don't know what her deal is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Her hair almost looks red in this picture. Weird. But VERY cute. Let me know when those giggles make it out. Just think of it, 12 years from now you will wish she never learned how to giggle. :)

David and Jana said...

Out of the mouths of babes! It always makes me wonder what it was like for the mothers in the scriptures of the little ones whose mouths were opened and talked. That must have been a trip! She is so adorable! I love that picture!

Carn Family said...

Tired mom dreams are pretty funny. She looks so cute with her big grin. Nothing beats when your little cutie smiles from ear to ear just from seeing your face. Glad you are back home safe and sound!