Monday, March 23, 2009

IT WAS ALMOST A GIRL

How can you be so sad about something that was never yours? Brad and I made a huge decision this past weekend and tried to adopt this little friend:


Without going in to too much detail she is a 2 year old Pomeranian, rescued from the pound, house trained, doesn’t chew, doesn’t bark much, has all of her shots, is the most docile/friendly dog ever, and we fell in love with her instantly. So we gave the shelter our first payment and planned to pick her up tomorrow. Even though our lease doesn’t say anything about pets we decided to give our landlord a call just to be courteous. I was convinced he wouldn’t have a problem. I was also wrong. Pretty much he said “no” only because he’s had other renters with pets that ruined his property. Errrrr. So to all you horrible renters out there who leave your space destroyed by your pets: YOU STINK. Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us. I was really looking forward to having a little friend keep me company when Brad spends long hours at school.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to it and i wasnt even the one getting her.

Nicole said...

I'm so sad for you! That dog is really cute!

Anonymous said...

ps it looks like u are wearing the same outfit in this post and last. Good planning :)

ashley said...

Awww. Sad!!

Annalise said...

So I guess I'm not an anonymous blog stalker anymore... sad. :) But I just had to comment! What a sad story! Steve and I recently got a puppy and I absolutely LOVE having a dog. You'll have to get out of that apartment soon and into something more permanent so you can get one too!

David and Jana said...

David told me about that! So sad. A puppy is better than chocolate to keep you company at night! But if you combine chocolate chip cookies, a big glass of milk and a really good movie... that's livin'.

Kristin said...

Bridgie, I'm so sorry! I was so excited for you. Sad face emoticon.