Thursday, September 6, 2012

REAGAN'S LULLABIES


I talked about Finley's lullabies here when she was about four months old, but I already have the equivalent amount of songs on Reagan's list so I thought I should post her list too. I started compiling her playlist before she was born so I could have some songs playing during labor. Well in the blissful hours we waited after the epidural and before pushing was the only time we actually listened to the playlist but it's still a nice reminder of the day. Since then we listen to Reagan's playlist for dancing, cleaning, and cooking. Finley is still quite the dancer except now it usually involves an elaborate getup of princess clothes.


Reagan usually has her eyes open as wide as possible wondering what us two fools are doing. Actually now that I think about it she looks at Finley and I like that quite often. Reagan doesn't seem to respond to music in quite the same way as Finley, she seems very serious and intent about the whole thing, but I think soon she'll be dancing right along with her sister. 



Without further adieu... here is Reagan's playlist:

1. Mississippi - Train
2. Islands - The XX
3. La Cienga Just Smiled - Ryan Adams
4. Beggar in the Morning - The Barr Brothers
5. Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye
6. On My Mind - Kallai
7. Awake My Soul - Mumford & Sons
8. Unless I'm Led - Mates of State
9. Safe & Sound - Taylor Swift, Civil Wars
10. The Show - Kerris Dorsey
11. Only You - Joshua Radin
12. Night After Night - Jack & White
13. Home - Phillip Phillips
14. Shake It Out - Florence + The Machine
15. Ho Hey - The Lumineers
16. California - Mindy Gledhill
17. Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel K
18. On Top Of The World - Imagine Dragons (thanks to Brook for this recommendation!)
19. In Your Arms - Kina Grannis
20. A Sorta Fairytale - Tori Amos
21. Boyfriend - Justin Beiber (Sad to say I sing this to her more than any other song, especially the line girlfriend, girlfriend you could be my girlfriend. Which reminds me. Finley called me girlfriend a few weeks ago. It was hilarious.)


Some of these are OLD. Like highschool old. But you can't mess with a classic people. And yes I'm aware that some of these are not exactly "lullabies." Too bad. I like to mix it up. Get it? MIX it up? I know. I'm a nerd. Honestly though that reminds me that Reagan will never have the pleasure of making a true mix tape. What a lost art form. I was a serious professional at making mix tapes. Well. Burning this to a CD for her memory box will have to suffice. Here's to hoping CD players are still around when she's old enough to appreciate this music.

No comments: