Sunday, June 26, 2011

SWIM DAY


Finley is still a little uneasy about water in general. Which makes me sad because swimming is one of my very favorite things - especially now that I don't have to do laps for three hours every time I'm at a pool. I was going to enroll us in a waterbabies class but none of them work with our schedule. So I'm determined to go to the pool as much as possible so she can learn to love the water - my parenting philosophy is to force your children to love the things you love. That works, right?

Our weather has been a little cold and rainy this week but on Friday it warmed up just enough that I thought it would be okay. Oops. I forgot to account for the fact that it needs to be a bit above "warm" so that the water can get heated too. It was a little chilly but after a few minutes she got comfortable enough to not cling to me for dear sweet life. She splashed and laughed a little but I think a few more visits are in order. I know, I have a hard life.

1 comment:

ashley said...

I think I'd want to take her swimming everyday just to see her in her cute swimsuit!