Friday, April 29, 2011

THE DUKE AND DUCHESS

Full disclosure. I got up at 5:30 and watched the wedding on DVR delay. I dozed a few times but for the most part I watched all 6 plus hours of coverage. Brad got up for school at 7:30 and asked with as little enthusiasm as possible, "Are they married yet?" And indeed they were. My favorite parts:

1. Her dress was perfect!
2. Will whispering at the alter "You look beautiful" to her.
3. The amazing hats - I'm wearing one to every wedding I attend from now on.
4. The music as she walked down the aisle was divine.
5. Will and Kate's surprise drive of the blue Aston Martin out of Buckingham Palace.

(via)

Am I a bit ridiculous for getting up two hours earlier than normal to watch the wedding of someone I've never met in a country half way around the world? Perhaps. But it was so much fun! How often is something so joyous celebrated by so many people across the world? Um. Never. Even the Olympics can get a bit tense, you know with the competition and all.

Kristin and I decided that if we had lived remotely near each other we would have watched the entire six hours of coverage together in our wedding dresses. THAT would have been a party.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Totally regretting the 1,350 miles between us.

That's right, I googled.

David and Jana said...

I'm wishing I knew, we're a little crazier than you I guess! My alarm went off at 2:25am. I got up, and picked up Beckie on the way to Julie's house. Rosalie and Kristen were already there...We stayed and watched until we had to leave to get our own kids ready for school. It was fun. we were soooo tired.