Monday, April 4, 2011

DID YOU HEAR?

If you haven't read Hunger Games then you probably don't care. But for those that have, this is big news. The three leads have officially been cast. I'm not sure how much Gale will be in the first movie... but if they make the other two books then he has quite the meaty role ahead of him. I probably shouldn't care this much about a movie that will be aimed at the 16-year-old crowd but I don't care. I'm still not ashamed of my love for Twilight or Harry Potter or American's Next Top Model or Zac Efron or I should probably just stop. Anyway, here are the leads:

Gale Hawthorne - Liam Hemsworth
Katniss Everdeen - Jennifer Lawrence
Peeta Mellark - Josh Hutcherson


I think the acting might actually be good. But they look nothing like I pictured. Jennifer Lawrence is not scrappy/athletic enough. Josh Hutcherson seems too small - but maybe that's because I think of him in Little Manhattan. (Haven't seen that movie? So cute. Watch immediately.) And I just pictured Gale different. Oh well. Evidently the studios didn't bother taking my notes on casting so I guess I'll just have to live with it. In all honesty I think this could be good. I'm more excited than I have any right to be.

Anyone else excited? Just me? Okay.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

not even close to what i pictured. we shall see how this plays out.

Carn Family said...

Yes...I am so excited. I agree, they are not quite what I pictured but I am excited to see how it all works out. I so hope they do a good job on these movies. Is there any info on when they are expecting the movie to be finished?

Bre said...

so so so so so excited. THanks for posting. I might just be sending a link to my friends to see this blog post. :)

Annalise said...

If you haven't seen "Winter's Bone" with Jennifer Lawrence, it's worth looking into. She's hard and scrappy in that role. I think she could be good. I know nothing about the guys, but I'm excited for the movie nonetheless!

Kelly said...

I totally pictured all of them differently. Emma Roberts, Drew Roy(Gale), and Alexander Ludwig or Alex Pettyfer for Peeta. I dont think they took anyone's notes into consideration. =/

Rachel said...

(I'm a friend of Alex's and stalk your blog sometimes....love it.)
Anyway, I must say I'm a little distressed by these choices. I hope it works better than it looks like it will.

Ellie said...

I willingly admit that I am embracing the 14 yr old girl in me..who cares! I concur that Jennifer isn't how I pictured Katniss..but she's a really good actress.