Wednesday, January 26, 2011

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED


GOOD DEED #1: Since Fin has started crawling I've discovered how disgusting I keep my floors. My apologies to anyone who has ever stepped foot in my house. So today I swept my floors and then mopped them by hand. I have wood floors so I use a hot water/vinegar combo and face it, mops are awful, so I use rags. It took a while but they look great and Fin no longer ends up with a coating of dust on her belly.

PUNISHMENT: Just as I was finishing our bedroom I went behind the door to get the corner which meant Fin had exactly 45 seconds on her own without my attention. She made good use of her time and promptly went over to the bowl of dirty water/vinegar and tipped the entire thing onto herself and the hallway. I was alerted to the disaster by a wave of water hitting my feet. One baby that smelled like an easter egg? Check. One hallway with two gallons of water on it? Check

GOOD DEED #2: Brad has really longs days and sometimes at night he has to go back to school for meetings, studying, or preparing for patients. So last night he wanted to take a power nap as I watched tv. Then Fin decided she wanted to take a pre-bedtime nap. So the baby and the husband snoozed peacefully on our bed while I watched American Idol with the volume way way down.

PUNISHMENT: Fin woke up after ten minutes, gave me a big smile and started coughing. It wasn't an alarming cough but I could tell she had something in her throat. So I lifted up one of her arms and gave her back a little rub. What came next was shocking to say the least. About a gallon of vomit erupted from her tiny little mouth. Not cute baby spit up, VOMIT. It went all over her and all over me. It's a miracle none ended up in my mouth. Gross. I was in so much shock I just took us both in to the shower, clothes and all.


There were a few other examples from this past week, but I'll spare you the details. And I was going to make brownies for Brad's church class but forgetaboutit. I'm afraid of what might happen!

3 comments:

Carn Family said...

Ahhh...life as a mother. It's a good thing she is so dang cute.

Nicole said...

oh man my floors are deplorable. always. i hate cleaning floors more than anything! is she sick or did she just randomly vomit? i hope it was just random and that you're all ok!

Tod said...

This is going to make me sound domestic, but microfiber mops are great.