Wednesday, January 19, 2011

CHRISTMAS WEEK TWO

Christmas morning Finley could not contain her excitement, although I'm pretty sure she had no idea that this day was unlike any other except that a whole lot more people were around. This didn't last too long, however, because after 30 minutes she was ready to eat again and have a nap. Her first Christmas morning was a lot to handle so we went upstairs and she napped for a good ten minutes and was awake and ready for action.

This was the Christmas morning gang. My in-laws, Brad's older sister and husband and their six kids, and Brad, Finn, and me!


Finley tried on her new ruffle pants just before she broke down begging for food and a nap. PS - Christmas morning is all about lazying about and not wearing makeup so don't judge me!


Finners and her cousin Ella (who simultaneously dressed for Christmas morning and a 1987 prom. It was hilarious).


To quote my brother-in-law Ken, "What did families do before youtube?" I believe in this picture they are watching Double Rainbow on Ken's Ipad. What does this MEAN?

After the entire gang (all 35 of us!) arrived in Naperville "plans" kind of went out the window so we ended up doing a lot of varied fun stuff. One night everyone went to our local church building and played some games in the gym (after we did a service project of cleaning). Most of the moms sat around with the babies and talked while the dads and kids ran around.





Finners loved this walker of my sister-in-laws. My pediatrician scared me with stories of imminent death if I ever put her in one these but she survived to tell the tale. I might consider getting one for my next kid, it was fun to see her having some independent fun at the pre-crawling stage.

Lauren was doing some major trash talk during kickball.


WICKED! Brad surprised me with tickets to see Wicked in Chicago for Christmas, which just happened to be in town at the same time. We even got to go with Brad's brother and wife and their daughter Lauren. I LOVED it and would go again in a heartbeat. Glinda and Elphaba were both fantastic. Glinda was very Amy Poehler funny. It was also nice to have a night out without the Finners. Although when we got home she had apparently cried for about an hour. I'm sad that she cried, but it's also nice to know she missed us. Is that a horrible thought?



Naperville got quite a bit of snow right before Christmas so one day the kids went sledding. Brad went to take some pictures but couldn't resist taking a few turns down the hill even though he was not at all dressed for the snow. Crazy husband.






It was fun to see everyone for Christmas and get in a nice loooong vacation. It might not always be so easy for us to see family depending on where we move next so we are spoiling ourselves with as much family time as possible. The next time the entire Carn clan will be together is this July for Family Reunion 2011 in Utah.

No comments: