Thursday, September 2, 2010

UTAH WEEK TWO

Our second week in Utah (third week of vacation) we spent staying at my mom's house in Lehi, which was a great location because we were still close to Brad's two brothers. We spent the majority of the time running around Utah valley trying to fit in all the people we wanted to see and the places we wanted to eat. Of course a few trips to Cafe Rio were in order but we also hit up Burger Supreme and J Dawg's.

We took Finley to her first movie: Eclipse. She did really well and slept the entire time. Of course she squawked a few times so we ended up sitting with her near the exit in case one of us needed to make a quick getaway. We are those overly sensitive parents who don't want to be the reason other people hate going to the movie theater. Finley also got to wear her "Team Jacob" onesie. She hasn't read the 4th book so she doesn't know that being on a team is pointless, but I didn't want to destroy her dreams. Plus Jacob is slightly more age appropriate than Edward.

My friend Kristin went out of town almost the same time we got back from East Canyon (and I totally missed seeing her sister Jenny!) so we only got to spend one evening with her. LAME! But it was good to see her and her husband Adam (he's also my friend... I just read that back and it sounded weird not mentioning that) for a few hours. They got to meet Finley and we chatted about life. Wherein we all realized that we are actual adults now because at one point we started talking about how to save money on your electric bill. So strange.


We took Finley to walk around BYU campus and Brad walked through his old stomping grounds at the CB. We also strolled through the bookstore and a word to the wise - don't buy your baby BYU gear there, it's highway robbery! We ended up getting something at Target for half the price - even if it was slightly less cute.


We also showed off Finley at my mom's office. I had never been so it was nice to see where my mom spends most of her life.


One day we went up to Salt Lake to have lunch at Stoneground. We had the best bruschetta I've ever tasted in my life and their pizza was extremely tasty too. The atmosphere was a little too hipster to bring a baby... but we were there during the day so I don't think it mattered as much. Even so I would recommend it to anyone - delicious.


And as I said before we were close enough to spend some more time with Chris and Angie while we were in Utah. We went to Miss Averman's 1st birthday party and Finley met her first dog, Maggie. And I hate to admit it but we had a Bachelorette viewing party complete with Cafe Rio takeout and ice cream. Good times.


(Check out Finley's unfortunate hairline! Short of buzzing it all off there's isn't much we can do.)




We also met up with some of our Timp Gateway buddies - Matt and Ellie. We were all in the same ward when Brad and I met. They knew us before Brad and I even started dating... and now here we are married with a baby. Things can change drastically in five years!



And that ends our extremely long roundup of our trip across the country. Finley was a trooper and did really well on the 21 hour drives. I don't know if we'll be able to drive next summer when she is 1+ since she is getting crankier even now about her carseat. Anyway, we had a fun time seeing everyone and everything. And it reinforced our desire to make our way out west after dental school is over.


2 comments:

Cherokee Crew said...

And I say kudos to you on being considerate to others in the movie theater. Sounds like you had a great trip!

jenny said...

Again, I am so unbelievably sad I didn't get to meet the little one. I love her.