Tuesday, September 7, 2010

HELP NEEDED


Does anyone have any delicious dinner recipes that they have doubled (or tripled) and then divided up to freeze for later use? Unlike some I don't loooove cooking but like most I do love food. So far I've had success with freezing batches of enchiladas, chili, and stuffed pasta shells. I love having the option of home cooked meals ready to go but I'm short on delicious ideas. I know there are countless resources out there but I hate to make a triple batch of something that isn't great tasting.

Any help?

3 comments:

Kate said...

Tons of my dishes are freezable...check out the "What's Cooking" topic on my blog!! BUT....soups are great frozen, as are spaghetti sauces etc! Have you tried freezing lasagna? I do it a lot!!

Nicole said...

there's a ton of blogs out there about this very thing. i found one a while back that had some good ones on it but i can't find it anymore. i should do this too -- by the time i get around to figuring out what to make, scott's gone to sonic or is eating some random combination of cereal and mysterious fridge items which doesn't appeal to me!
let us know what you find!

quiltylady said...

I make soup base out of carrots, celery, potatoes and onions and freeze it in batches. Then making soup on a cold autumn day is so much faster - thaw and add other ingredients and simmer for a bit. I use the base for Chicken noodle, clam chowder, corn chowder, and potatoe soup.