Monday, July 5, 2010

ONE MONTH


Well our little chicken is officially one month old today. We celebrated with a bath and then a walk around campus - it was a big day. She is getting the hang of sleeping longer stretches at night, but unfortunately that means more crankiness during the day because she doesn't nap as well. She just really loves to be held because she's one spoiled baby, but since I have the time and the ability I don't mind our daily cuddle time. We haven't taken her to church yet but if all goes as planned she'll make her debut this Sunday - we are gonna try for all three hours. Woo hoo.

As a side note - it turns out then when you are breastfeeding you have a lot of down time and I've watched more TV lately then I ever wanted to in my entire life. Anyway. So this week is Kids Week on Jeopardy. As in twelve year old geniuses (genii??) playing for cash. Can I just say that it is THE MOST DEPRESSING show ever. I've never felt so dumb in my life. But you bet your left foot that I got every "Radio Disney" answer right. I think I'll switch to reading while Finley eats.

In other news Brad takes his Boards on Friday. We are all a little on edge because his score will decide our next several years of plans after dental school. So everyone please keep us in your prayers! Then next week Brad goes to Spain for a few days to present some research at a dental conference, so I'll have Finley on my own. Don't worry we're gonna party. Brad will be so sorry he missed all the fun. Europe shmirope. Anyway, then when Brad gets back from Spain we're heading to the Carn family reunion and after that we are driving out to Utah for a few weeks. So we are pretty jam packed for the next bit - which will be interesting with a newborn. But we'll take Tim Gunn's advice and make it work.

And since it's not a post without pictures of Finley, here you go:

Tummy time usually ends up in nap time, she loves being on her belly.
I love that double chin. This is her "fat and happy" face after she's done eating.

She also quite enjoys this "baby lounger" (on loan from her cousin Avery who was born last summer). She's almost too long for it but since she still curls her legs like a chicken we might be able to use it for a few more weeks. Although when she's awake she kicks herself off and ends up with her bum on the floor.

I'm pretty sure she would stay like this forever if possible. The only problem is with the heat and humity her face and neck have broken out in heat rash from being so warm when she sleeps on us. Poor girl. Now we have to keep a "cool breeze" on her to clear it up. Which is great because babies love cool breezes. And by love I mean hate.

We didn't really celebrate the 4th of July because Brad is studying his guts out. But I did make a 4th of July feast. Finley looked longingly at our brats and spinach dip... maybe next year.

3 comments:

Scott said...

It flies by...

Kristin said...

No way is she already a month old!! I seriously cannot believe it.

She's just so adorable. I can't wait to see that little face in person. I love her already.

Good luck to Bradford, we'll be thinking about you guys!

Nicole said...

she is so cute! that sideways smile is the best! good luck to brad -- and to you while he's gone! i wish we could have enjoyed your 4th of July feast with you!