Tuesday, June 29, 2010

THE NURSERY


Finley has the best looking and most organized room in the house. Go figure. At least we didn't give up the master bedroom to her... although with the bassinet, blankets, pacifiers, bouncy seat, etc. it might appear otherwise. I guess you could say there has been a Finley Explosion around here, I think she might have taken over our lives. I finished her nursery about two days before she was born which was nice to check off my list.

With no closet in the room we had to get a little creative about storage. The two dressers hold her clothes and the baskets on the bench hold toys books and burp cloths.
I framed black and white pictures of Brad and I and our parents as kids. I still need to get one of my dad from his youth. My favorite picture is of Brad on the horse - I can't believe how blonde he was as a kid.
Here is the essential changing station. The white thing holds diapers and lotion and wipes - one of my favorite purchases and very well used. And the Diaper Genie? Amazing. It has been a sanity saver for our bug attracting apartment - I can't imagine walking out to the trash ten times a day.
I tried to make sure Finley knows about two of the best places on earth - Texas and France. I also had to make sure Illinois was represented since it's both her and Brad's birth state and I'll have to get something to represent Utah. We'll be there in about a month, can't wait!

The picture above her crib is a map of Paris.
The crib was given to us by Brad's older brother - it belonged to the first Carn granddaughter who is now 16 years old. It was given to us with the instructions that we give it back to her when she has her first baby. Brad and his Dad outfitted this drawer with wheels and a divider - it was a drawer that Brad's Dad just happened to have on hand and it matched the crib perfectly in size and wood color. Convenient!


That was probably the longest tour for the smallest sqare footage ever - thanks for indulging me!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

bridget, that room is seriously so cute! oh... and so is your baby! i hope you are all happy and sleeping well!

David and Jana said...

Its adorable. I can't imagine it more perfect. Please call me and tell me when I can bring you dinner! Waiting!

Kristin said...

I LOVE IT. I would happily share that room with her. I love picking out things in her room and remembering where they were in your room in various apartments we've had. Also, please tell Finley that we'll always have Paris, because the same map above her crib is currently framed in my living room :)

Love you SO much and love that little one and can't wait to give her a big kiss and snuggle her up.

ssh said...

love all of it. b&w old family pix are the best. does finely want to meet naperthrill?

jenny said...

Ah B! It is so cute! I need to see more pics of FIN! LOVE LOVE HER SO MUCH