Tuesday, June 22, 2010

TWO WEEKS



Finley had her two week pediatrician appointment yesterday and she has grown. She gained 9 ounces and grew a 1/2 inch. The pediatrician said she is perfect and appears completely healthy -- which is always good news. I was a little concerned because her umbilical cord hadn't fallen off yet so I was asking some questions about it to make sure it wasn't infected or anything. And what do you know? It fell off while I was talking to the pediatrician. So Finley finally has a belly button and can take a real bath instead of the dreaded sponge baths. She is sleeping much better now and still eating well... so things are going pretty smooth so far.

My mom spent two and half weeks here and went home a few days ago. She was great doing laundry and cooking us dinner and snuggling the Finley. It was really hard to see her go but I think the last few days on my own have gone relatively well. I just have to readjust my entire idea of time, for sleeping purposes and scheduling purposes.

Finley also had a few other firsts this week - she wore her first dress. She's still too small for all the dresses we had so Grandma bought her one in a newborn size. She also had her first trip out of the house to the library which allowed me to try out her stroller, of course she slept through the entire experience.

7 comments:

Carn Family said...

She is adorable and the pictures are perfect. I can't wait to see her in person in a few weeks. Logan already looks huge compared to her!

Kristin said...

Bridgie, she is so unbelievably adorable. I almost can't stand it! Keep the pictures and info coming!

Bre said...

She is gorgeous! What a beautiful baby. congrats!

jenny said...

HOLY CRAP! She is SO GOOD LOOKING. Oh my gosh oh my gosh. I must meet her! I love her so much!

Clay and Katy said...

I cant believe how seriously cute she is...wow!!!!

irondave said...

It is unanimous - everyone in North Texas that knows me thinks Finley looks like her Grandpa - OK, kidding, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. She is everything everyone else says and more. I can't wait to hold her and giver her sugars. Keep the blog flowing! Love Dad

Sage said...

aaaaaah! she is so sweet. i really hope i have a girl someday!