Thursday, July 15, 2010

SINCE BRAD'S BEEN GONE.

Brad left for Spain a few days ago so Finley and I have been hanging out and partying like it's 1999. The last few nights she has magically started waking up at 3AM and will not go back to sleep for several hours. I guess she must miss her dad. Not that he got up with her in the middle of the night or anything - but maybe she's all out of sorts because she didn't get her daddy cuddle time before bed - whatever it is I'm not a fan.

St. Louis has had a heat index of 106 for the past few days so I've had to skip our afternoon walks and do inside errands instead. At our little mall an exotic animal awareness group brought baby tigers that you could pet (with a $25 "donation"). I concluded that baby tigers and baby humans probably wouldn't get along so we viewed them from afar. Dang are they cute. I'm thinking that seeing tigers at their most adorable stage probably won't deter too many people from wanting one as a pet. If anything it probably put the idea in more people's mind. Oh well. I don't do their PR. But random, right? Baby tigers at the Alton Square Mall?

We also got to talk to Brad on the web cam yesterday. We had some technical difficulties so after 15 minutes of us both saying "what??" a million times we agreed to try it again today. I did manage to hear the story of how one of the female professors they are traveling with was almost mugged on the Metro. Brad actually pulled the mugger's (also a female) hand out of the professor's purse to stop her. There were some concerned people on the Metro that helped them confront the mugger and her cohorts and luckily everything ended well - as in no one was hurt and nothing was stolen. And Yes! Just the sort of story a wife wants to hear!

Brad gets home Sunday and until then we are going to pack for our long vacation. Do some crafting. Catch up on reading the blogs. And clean house. Finley's excellent at packing... this was her contribution when we were getting Brad ready for Spain.


PS - Finley's hair has fallen out on top and the little she has left is a fuzzy blonde. Poor girl. It's time to pull out the bows and headbands.

2 comments:

bradget said...

Bridget failed to mention the details. There were five guys and the girl. When the guys rushed passed me and started crowding my professor I kind of figured what was going on. Then I saw the girl reach in from behind and undo the zipper of my professors purse. I pulled her hand out as I pushed one of the guys away from here. Then two or three of the guys turn on me because I touch their girl pushing me out of the train. In the mean time the girl had grabbed the purse again. At this point my 50 something year old little indian professor grabbed the muggers purse and started pulling. Teach them to pick on tourists. By this time Dr. Rowland (another professor) had figured out what was going on pushed a dude and grabbed the other professors purse. Then two big black spainish dudes got up and started helping us. The muggers suddenly seemed much less interested in getting the purse and more interested in leaving as more passengers got up to assist. They were done at that point and ran out the door letting me back on the train. We we told the police they said,"That will happen. You have to be very careful in the subway." Got to love foreign countries :)

ashley said...

Oh my gosh! Crazy story Brad. Way to come to the rescue. Have fun on your trip!!!