Monday, May 10, 2010

IT'S A BITTER PILL

While I am of a pre-motherhood sober mind I want to make something explicitly clear to our loved ones. Please do not let Brad and I be blinded by the obvious gorgeousness of our baby and let her hair approach any of the following categories:

- mullet
- balding middle age man who’s in denial
- comb over
- rat tail


Acceptable categories:

- cute mad scientist
- fuzzy halo
- unruly faux-hawk

I’m aware that babies get bald patches so there’s no way around that – but when and where we are able to cut and trim I think it should be done. SO, if Brad and I cross over into that arena of “Oh those poor parents have no idea what their child ACTUALLY looks like,” please be the one to let us gently know. Even a text will do.

Our future daughter thanks you tremendously.

PS - This most likely won't be an issue (at least for a while) since both Brad and I were bald babies.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

oh noooo does our child fall into this category? i fear she might, but she is terrified every time we cut her hair. i try at least to keep the bangs trimmed.

David and Jana said...

Don't worry! We've got your back!! :)
If anything, I'm too scissor-happy!